January 08 | 18:09

"Okay, let's start," Yoongi announces just as Jimin had been through each and every chord and note twice and with care, absorbing the sound into his system like always.

Jimin, an excited glint in his eyes, asks, "I have a request. There's something I want to learn–"

Yoongi shakes his head, an apologetic smile on his face as he pulls out a book from his bag. "Sorry, Jimin. But this is something you have to learn. It helps your speed in playing, and accuracy. I've been holding it off for so long because finger exercises not that fun, but we can't anymore."

The twinkle in Jimin's eyes die and his lips turn into a pout. "But... but...!"

Rubbing the back of Jimin's shoulder, Yoongi hums, an attempt to comfort. "After you master this, we'll get to whatever you want, okay? I promise," he sincerely says.

Sighing, Jimin gives up. "Okay..."

This makes Yoongi smile brightly, turning the pages of a book. "Okay, come on, then! The faster we get started, the more we get done, and the sooner they become a habit rather than a chore."

The pout slowly falling, Jimin urges himself to do it, pushing back his request for now.

Guess his present for Yoongi could wait a little.