October 12 | 23:40

"Why are you still awake?" Hoseok asks, yawning as he sees Yoongi still on their couch, the bright light of the laptop screen lighting up the room a little. "Don't you have class early tomorrow?"

"Yeah, but... I..." Yoongi is embarrassed to admit to Hoseok that he's actually thinking for what he could give Jimin for his birthday. Hoseok would never let him live it down if he found out Yoongi likes Jimin to a point where he'd give up sleep to give a birthday present.

"But, what? What are you doing, anyway?" He asks, getting closer to see the screen, and Yoongi immediately opens a new window and types in something that looks like it could be research for class.

"Just pre-learning for class," he mumbles, acting as if he's actually reading what's on the screen, scrolling through the google results page.

Hoseok snorts, "Since when did you start doing this?" And Yoongi can't help but agree internally because he's actually never pre-read for class before.

"Now."

"What an amazing change of habit," Hoseok sarcastically says before leaving the room to go to the kitchen, probably to get a glass of water. That's why he usually wakes up at night.

Yoongi then quickly opens up the old window, this one having multiple tabs all with suggestions of what someone could give as a present.

When, Hoseok comes back in again, Yoongi realizes he's actually hopeless with this and just decides to suck it up and ask.

"Hoseok-ah."

"Hm?"

"What..." Yoongi starts, suddenly getting really shy. "What does Jimin like?" he asks in a quiet voice.

Hoseok blinks at the question, his expression then turning confused. "Why- oh, wait! It's his birthday tomorrow-" he checks the clock and says, "In fifteen minutes! I haven't even bought a present! I'm the worst hyung."

Yoongi, his shyness now disappearing, relieved that Hoseok didn't question anything. "Well, you still have fifteen minutes. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't even have remembered that it's his birthday tomorrow. Tell me," he pauses, waiting for Hoseok's full attention before continuing, "What does he like? You're his cousin, you should know."

"Um... I don't really know... he likes anything? If you give him clothes, he'll appreciate that, too. He likes watching those Japanese animations I watched before, so he'll probably like that, too. But, being honest, if you give anything to him, even though he originally doesn't like it, he'll still appreciate it a lot because someone gave it to him." Yoongi notes that, but he still doesn't know what to give him.

"What are you giving him?"

"I thought I just said- I don't know," Hoseok then looks like he remembered something. "You're giving him a present?"

Shrugging, Yoongi tries to reply nonchalantly, "Thought I should. He's a good kid."

"You could write him a song," Hoseok jokes.

"In twenty-four hours? Out of my limits. I found out about his birthday through Namjoon yesterday."

Laughing, Hoseok yawns again, "Honestly, just give him anything and he'll get really happy. I'll just get him clothes tomorrow after class. I'm going back to sleep."

And Yoongi is alone in the living room, again, still unsure of what to get Jimin.