December 30 | 10:40

When Yoongi enters the Parks' residence, hearing the muffled sound of piano isn't odd. But, hearing voices of three different people inside the room, laughing and excitedly conversing is definitely a little out of place.

When he gets close enough to open the obscure glass door to the music room, he recognizes the two other voices as Jungkook and Taehyung.

Smiling to himself, he opens the doors, beholding upon a sight he fully expected. Jimin sitting on the bench, the other two behind him telling him to play this and that.

The three turn around to look at Yoongi, Jimin's first reaction being a sun-like smile. Their eyes meet and hold a gaze for a few seconds before they're interrupted by the other two making teasing whistles.

He looks over to the other two, the small smile not leaving his lips as he walks over to Jimin. "Happy birthday, Taehyung-ah."

Taehyung blinks in surprise but the grins widely, "Thank you~!"

"Isn't it a Saturday today, I thought Jimin's lessons were only on weekdays?" Jungkook asks curiously, looking at Jimin scoot over to make room for Yoongi to sit, eyes now on the keys.

Yoongi, as he sits down, indifferently answers. "Yeah. It's a Saturday."

A small moment of silence follows before Jungkook a little exasperated sigh. "Whatever. It's best if we don't disturb them, Taehyung, let's go," he huffs, pulling the man out of the room, leaving the two alone.

Yoongi and Jimin pay no mind to them, the latter's eyes twinkling already as Yoongi pulls out papers.

"Aren't you testing me today?" He asks, confusion soon arriving. Usually, Saturdays were for hearing tests and such, Yoongi has never brought something like papers until now.

Yoongi simply gives a smile before getting his phone out as he hands Jimin the papers. The younger takes a look at the papers as he's putting it up, noticing something strange.

"Wait, are these...?" He starts, eyes a little wide. The papers didn't have any notes on them, just bars.

There's a chuckle from Yoongi before he's saying, "Yeah. They're blank. I am testing you today, but not using the piano right away."

This makes Jimin send a heavy pout towards Yoongi. He wants to physically play.

Laughing at the expression, Yoongi feels his heart clench at the cuteness as he ruffles the other's hair. "It's okay, Jimin. I'm just making you listen to simple melodies and write them down first before you check what you wrote by playing. It's not as bad as you think."

After thinking about how the process would go, Jimin nods, still a bit pouty at the fact he has to write more than play.

"So, you ready?"

Sighing, Jimin eyes the device on Yoongi's hand (trying not to let his mind drift to how attractive that hand looks) and pulls his mind together to focus, closing his eyes.

"Yeah, play it."

🎼🎹

Taehyung and Jungkook, who were now outside of the music room mischievously glance at each other, sharing knowing looks.

"Did you see the way Jimin blatantly stared at him? Oh my god," Taehyung says, giggles erupting.

"They're so obvious, why don't they get together already?" Jungkook mutters, shaking his head with a smile.

Taehyung then stops laughing, a smile still wide on his lips. "Speaking of which, there's something I want to ask."

A warm grin in response, Jungkook looks like he's ready to accept even a marriage proposal when he replies, "It's your birthday, hyung, ask away."

A little flush to his checks, eyes averting to the side shyly, Taehyung softly makes his request. "Can we go on a date?"

The question takes Jungkook by surprise, but his face soon holds an adorning grin as well. Glancing at the music room doors, he says, a little half-heartedly, "Is it okay to leave them alone?"

Rolling his eyes, Taehyung grabs Jungkook's hand and pulls him towards the front door.

"They're having their own date in there anyway. Let's go."