October 06 | 18:01

I know this is unrealistic for someone to learn piano so quickly buT LETS JUST SAY JIMIN IS A GENIUS, OK????
GOOD.
Nothing to actually do with the chapter but it needed to be cleared out.

This isn't even about that anyway, the main theme is the emotions towards music and the piano (and Yoongi).
-

Letting his fingers glide across the black and white keys, Jimin's attention wavers a little at the sound of the music door opening and closing. His attention stables on the piano the instant he concludes it's Yoongi.

He continues to play whatever his heart feels at the moment, remembering all the songs he learnt and mashing them up into whatever melody he could remember as he just freely dived into the music.

He felt Yoongi sit next to him and even continued then, mind embracing the beauty of sounds.

But after a few seconds, Jimin just suddenly stops, withdrawing his hands and just looking at his right to look at Yoongi. The latter is giving him a confused look but doesn't say anything.

Deaf to any actual sound, his head is filled with just the sound of a piano tune he heard this morning, almost like a background noise to his thoughts.

He just stares at his supposed teacher, eyes landing on the other's, an unrecognizable emotion spurring up in him as he just continues to stare.

He sees Yoongi's lips move, but doesn't think anything of it, the sound not reaching him. He's just so lost in Yoongi's presence.

Jimin tries to think of what's making him so aware of Yoongi all of a sudden, but he can't think. He just wants to stare and appreciate Yoongi- just let his existence sink in.

Just feeling an overwhelming emotion of whatever it is he doesn't recognize, Jimin just wants to live in the moment forever, staring at Min Yoongi while the other stares back as they sit in the music room in front of the piano.

To him, it's perfection. It's like the feeling you get when you look up at the sky on a cloudless night where there's no light pollution.

He doesn't realize what he's doing when one of his hands go up to hold Yoongi's shoulder while the other holds onto the base of the piano keys for support.

The desire to experience forever with an everlasting beauty of the moment engraved in his heart driving him, he finds himself closer and closer to those eyes.

They're looking back at him with the same bewilderment and mesmerization.

He's so close- so close to those eyes that speak so much of all the beauties and wonders of everything he's ever heard or seen.

Noses touch and breaths hitch, their lips etching to meet.

An ugly blend of notes crash causing the whole atmosphere to crash along, immediately turning to the origin of the sound: Jimin's left hand pressing down on a bunch of keys.

Without thinking, their eyes meet again and Jimin's breath gets caught in his throat as he realizes what's actually happening.

He stumbles a little, halfway off the bench, as he looks away, flustered beyond imagination. He almost slips off the bench before quickly standing up, muttering a soft apology before saying, "I... have to go to the bathroom."

And, without another word, he exits the room, leaving an equally flustered and confused Yoongi on the bench, heart pounding so hard that it's all he hears.

🎼🎹

When Jimin finally calms his heart down and leaves the bathroom, he notices the absence of presence in the music room. Heart shattering, he asks his mother who was reading a medical book on the couch. "Where's... Yoongi?"

Humming, she looks up at him, "He left a few minutes ago, covering his face. He said today's lesson is cancelled."

Hearing the words, Jimin's whole resolve collapsing, wanting to cry. He didn't want this to happen - he messed up. Now they'd never have lessons together again, all because of Jimin's actions.

"He said he'll make it up tomorrow with a two-hour lesson. He told you to rest for today, enjoy the Friday."

Then, Jimin's face lightens up, heart uplifting, giddy. So, he hadn't messed up - so glad he hadn't.

He never wants their lessons to end.