Chapter 5

She was happy. First time in her potion's class, Alexa was not thinking about how dreadful she was in that class or what her teacher was going to comment. Logan was growing on her. In a very short time, he was able to make her think about allowing him into her wall of trust. He was a simple boy. McLaggens were supposedly born with a silver spoon in their mouths, but he was down to Earth. It seemed to her that his riches hadn't spoiled his innocence. She recalled how he had given her his puppy eyes that he said no one could resist, and maybe he was not wrong. She giggled as she remembered his fake heartbroken expression when she acted rudely with him even if he had given her his puppy eyes.

Her giggle wasn't as voiceless as she thought. Tom was able to hear it. He turned around to look at her, and what he saw was enough to hold him in the place. She was smiling to herself. He had seen her nervous, scared and fiery, but never smiling. For a moment he forgot about his earlier anger. A smile graced his pink plump lips. Why was she happy? The explosions she caused in the potion classes on an everyday basis were proof enough for her resenting that subject, then why? For some weird reason, he remembered that badger who had accompanied her till the class, and his smile left him completely. His right fist clenched around his wand. Teeth gritted. The potion he was making with Avery was long forgotten. Was she thinking about that thing? If yes, then why? He was seeing red again.

"As usual great, m'boy. You too Avery," Slughorn praised beside him, "twenty points to both of you."

This brought Tom out of his rage. He composed himself and gave his Professor a very forced smile.

Slughorn left their side and started inspecting other students' potions. He came across Alexa and her partner. He narrowed his eyes in suspicion. Then he bent down to inspect their potion. At the very moment instead of stirring the potion clockwise, Alexa in her deep thoughts stirred it anticlockwise, causing the potion to explode. The smoke-filled her desk. Slowly it faded away and students were able to see the disaster it had created. Slughorn's hairs, eyes, nose were all covered in the very thick green liquid. Even his moustache was dripping with that thick material. If Alexa was being honest, she would say the liquid was complimenting his Slytherin cloak precisely. He placed his hands on his eyes in an attempt to clean them and muttered the single sentence,

"Ms Winters, detention, tomorrow night."

With that said he left the classroom to clear his mess. Apparently, Alexa was not the only person, who was not having her wand with her.

Hufflepuffs sighed in relief. At least their house points were safe. Whatever might be the situation, it was impossible for students to hold back their laughter, and so they burst out. Besides Tom, Avery exclaimed, "Your girl is really a clown Tom."

Tom smiled at the sentence. He didn't know what was he happy about, at the mention of her as a clown or her as his.

When the class was over Alexa waited for her classmates to disperse. She saw Tom was doing the same. She saw him speaking something to his partner, who then looked in her direction for a second and went away. The mood she was in initially was completely forgotten the moment their eyes connected. She became nervous as usual, and he recalled her entrance into the class once again.

Once their class was deserted enough, she approached him nervously. When she reached him she gathered all her courage and put her hand out. Tom though completely understood what she wanted, decided to play dumb. He placed his hand in hers.

A shiver went down her spine at this unexpected gesture. She took her hand back instantly. Tom who was looking at her every reaction, smirked. He liked teasing her. Her awkward, shy personality made everything amusing.

"Do you need something sweetheart?" he asked her.

"My wand, Riddle," she replied. The mere mention of the word sweetheart turned her into a fireball. Tom was enjoying her reaction. Then he took a step toward her and before she could take a step back placed his hand around her waist, he lowered his face toward her left shoulder, his breath hitting her neck. He placed his lips directly beside her ear and whispered in very hushed, or rather a husky voice,

"Is it the only thing that you need, sweetheart?"

And before she realized, he left the classroom. She was left frozen in her spot like that for what felt like hours. What just happened?

Nothing much.

Tom just made sure that she would think about him, and only him for the remaining of her day.

~*~*~

I hope I am not running like a metro.

Please vote, comment and share.

Thank you all!!!