Chapter 25

Tom was walking through those prodigious corridors of Hogwarts. It was past curfew already, so the place was completely silent. He held out his wand in front of him.

"Lumos Maxima."

The light emerged from the tip of that magical stick allowing its owner to see ahead of him. Apart from that thirteen and a half inches wand only moonlight lit that corridor.

Tom looked around him to ensure that there was no student wandering around. Truthfully, to him this part of his duty as a Prefect was ridiculous. He was not really fond of watching out for those immature students. He had many missions in front of him. World domination was the most ambitious among them. He was planning that since he was thirteen, apart from living forever of course. Temporary things never succeeded in luring him.

A faint clicking sound resonated in that empty corridor indicating that he was not the only person in that deserted place. Was someone breaking the rules? He turned around trying to find the source. His keen eyes narrowed to find a hint of any movement. A smirk made its way onto his lips. It had been long since he had a chance to detain someone. He followed the trail where he believed the sound came from.

He turned around the corner to see a body laying down on the floor. In the light of his wand, he could see it was a boy whose back was facing him. The smirk on his face widened as he approached the figure. He could see that the boy was indeed a student. However, his smirk abandoned him completely when he saw that his victim was wearing green robes. How could a Slytherin be this irresponsible? He questioned himself. Nonetheless, Slytherins always looked out for their house-mates. He tucked his wand in his robe and moved forward to help that unwise fellow.

He turned that body around to see the face of that lost pupil. The result, however, horrified him. His mouth dried when an inaudible gasp left his lips. The sweat covered his forehead. His body started shaking. His vulnerable chocolaty brown eyes widened when they connected with the replica of their own. The exact copy of him was laying there, right in front of him. The only difference was that this second body was completely still. It was neither moving nor breathing. Its eyes were looking in the distance without bothering to blink. The coldness in that lifeless sight was enough to freeze him.

The same scene had happened with him in his third year when his boggart took the appearance of his corpse. Wait, a boggart? Was the history repeating itself?

Tom reached for his wand, with his endlessly shaking hand. He clutched that wand as tight as his sweaty hand allowed him.

"R-Riddikulus" Tom pointed his wand and the next moment, the corpse changed its face to that of Professor Dumbledore. His features relaxed when he saw his transfiguration master laying there. He leaned down to look at that frozen body. Salazar! He had been dreaming about this since his second year. It was like a Christmas to him. A satisfying smirk made its way on his pink lips, his eyes gaining their usual mischief. A sudden realization came to his mind. What was a boggart doing in the middle of that corridor? Was this all a mere distraction?

The rushed steps that suddenly resonated in that initially silent place cut down Tom's thoughts. He abruptly turned in the direction of this noise. Leaving that helpless clone of his least favourite professor there, he followed that sound. This time he was sure it was a person.

"Hey wait!" He ordered when he saw a figure running away from him, but it paid him no mind.

From this long, Tom couldn't see it clearly, but he could tell it was a girl. Her clothes were torn. The girl was running fast. To catch her he needed to be faster. His hand was twitching to curse her, but because of the darkness and the distance, it seemed impossible. The moonlight illuminated her features when she stepped out of the castle, but before Tom could decipher who she was her clothes started shredding. However, instead of seeing the skin, all Tom could see was brown hairs that erupted through her body. Her height started increasing. A very wild and an equally painful howl blared through her throat. The sight accompanied by that sound was enough to freeze our Slytherin Prefect in his place. He was looking at that creature dumbfounded. The last thing he saw before the darkness enveloped him was the same pair of those enticing violet eyes that fascinated him.

~*~*~

What do you think should happen next? What do you think was that creature?

Please vote and share, if you liked this chapter.

Thank you all!!!