Chapter 75

My sudden obsession. Why am I suddenly getting into a K-POP song? I don't even understand Korean. :( And I am into the things that I can understand. This song made me want to learn Korean.

I am sorry for the delayed update. I have this big project that I started working on. Academics have ways to occupy your life. Anyway, I was thinking to make a character guide for this book. I think we have lots of them. Do you think I should? 

~*~*~

Tom's chocolate orbs narrowed. His straight nose flared. His sharp jaw clenched. To cut the chase short, the boy was angry. Furious. Mad.

The cold body pressed to his side. His long fingers came in contact with the green scales. But unlike other times, they didn't stroke it affectionately.

"Master?" The voice hissed.

Tom had no idea how this worked, but he could feel that she was concerned about him.

Tom snorted.

Concerned. Such a big word. A hollow word. He had associated the same word with a certain Avery, not a long back. In fact, he had been associating the same word with the same boy for years. Could he trust him anymore?

No.

For the first time in years, he had felt that he had found a girl who was worthy of his attention. The girl who knew how to take care of herself. The girl who had protected him even in her wolf form. He thought she was concerned about him. Could he trust her anymore?

Never again.

He was angry at both of them. 

On Avery for betraying his trust. 

And on her, because she made a traitor out of an otherwise pure boy.

His eyes twitched. His lips pursed. His artistic, long, lean fingers curled around the wooden piece that he had been possessing since he was eleven.

Tom turned his sights to take in his polished wand. His mind recalled the words of its maker.

"This is yours, boy," the elder man had all but thrust the sleek wand in his small palm, "she has chosen you."

He remembered how happy that little sentence made him. Someone had chosen him. It was the first time that had happened. Well! There was a letter that he had received from Hogwarts. And in a sense, the school had chosen him as a student, but in his eyes, this was still different. Special. Because unlike his wand, his school had chosen many other students. Dumbledore had told him it was the school for people like him, but this wand clearly showed him that there was no one like him. That he was special. Unique. Tom craved that feeling. When you grow up in an orphanage with tens of abandoned kids who are much less deserving than you, you certainly start craving attention. And this wand had given him exactly that.

Tom closed his eyes.

Years later, he felt the same way when he realized that the noble blood of Salazar housed his veins. That founder of this place shared heritage with him. That realization made Hogwarts his home. His true home. And what do you do when the pests rot your home? You make sure they no longer homed it.

He reopened his chocolate eyes. They now shone in determination. He didn't need anyone. He didn't need the damn concern. He didn't even need a friend or a companion. All he needed was his wand and his magic.

"I will be alright, Ahina."

He would show Salazar that he was a worthy heir. He would show him that his legacy didn't die. He wouldn't let him down unlike those two.