Chapter 11

Thanks for reads. At the moment "Lost" has 200+ reads and 50+ votes. I am very thankful to you.

~*~*~

        Tom was listening to the conversation going inside the cabin from the other side of the door. His keen ears were drinking each and every word precisely. A smile was playing on his pink plump lips when he heard Slughorn acting in favour of him. His hands clenched on the books when he heard her defending him, that weak, pathetic badger. He relaxed them as he remembered how he had torn off his favourite book the other day.

        "Good, now that we have sorted everything out I would like you to meet your tutor. Please come in, m'boy." He heard Slughorn's announcement. He composed himself and entered.

        The door opened for him to face the back of Alexa's head. She was sitting in front of his potion master who was looking at him in usual admiration.

        "Ms Winters meet your tutor - Tom Riddle," his teacher proclaimed bringing Alexa in reality. Alexa turned around to look at the new company they had. It was the handsome Slytherin himself.

        "Sir," Tom greeted.

        "M'boy you will be credited with extra grades for your this noble act," Slughorn chimed.

        By now, Tom's dark chocolate eyes were narrowed on her. The corners of his lips were twitched in his usual devilish smirk, taunting her.

        The moment she took in his posture, her temper arose. Now she understood why she was being forced into this arrangement. She was sure this git had some role to play in all this arrangement. Initially, she was afraid of him, but now she wanted to kill him. Anger took the place of anxiety. As a result, her hairs started turning red.

        "Love of potion!! You are a metamorphmagus, Ms Winters," Slughorn said, pointing out the obvious. He was now looking at her. His back was turned to Tom. For the first time, Alexa could see appreciation in his eyes for her. This new expression felt like cold water, washing away her anger. Her nerves wrecking again. Her words left her. With his big mouth, she never considered Slughorn trustworthy enough with secrets.

        "Obliviate."

        She heard from behind her professor. Apparently, she was lost not knowing what to do, and so for her, Tom took matters into his hands. For the first time, she saw someone hexing a professor, and it did not soothe her anxiety at all. It frightened her more. 

        By the time she realized what was happening, Tom had put his master in a charmed sleep. He turned to her and took a step toward her. His eyes were narrowed. Instead of the usual smirk, however, this time his lips were sealed in the straight line. With a predator-like demeanour, he stalked towards her, causing her to freeze in her spot.

        Tom removed the chair that was separating him from her. He stood right in front of her. It was only when his body caged her, she started moving. He was close to her again. Much too close. She put her hands on his chest to push him back. He was like a stone wall, strong enough to not be moved with bare hands. Her left hand reached for her wand, only to be caught by Tom.

        "Oh no, fireball, I don't make the same mistake twice," Tom said to her looking deep into her eyes.

        "Fireball?" she questioned. His cold breath was driving her mad. A shiver went down her spine. She looked into his eyes.

        "Ah, yes! That's your nickname," he replied

        Her temper rose again. "You can't call me that."

        "If I remember correctly, you refused me to call you sweetheart, so deal with it," Tom replied.

        "Let me go Riddle." She gritted her teeth.

        In response, his grip on her hand tightened. The rage built inside him forced his body to press her more into the table. "Look fireball, I was gentle with you till now." He placed his right hand on her chin and turned her face forcefully to the right to face their now sleeping potion master. "Look at him. They say he is my favourite. I won't hesitate to let you join him."

        She gulped visibly. He smirked. He knew he affected her. "You have five more minutes fireball, otherwise imperious curse always helps."

        She took a deep breath. She will not give into him. No. She will fight him.

        "Let me go, Riddle," she repeated herself.

        To her surprise he obeyed her. She took a doubtful step toward the door. She wanted to leave the place as soon as possible.

        "Metamorphmagus in the Hogwarts," he said.

        She stopped in her step and turned around.

        "Huh?" she asked him in disbelief. Was she more afraid of being caught than being cursed? He thought to himself.

        He turned to look at her and leaned back lazily on the desk. "Well fireball, I don't like to repeat myself, but this is your first time, so I will let it go," He continued folding his hands on his chest, "so where were we? Ah! yes. Don't you think it would be interesting to all out there to know that there is a metamorphmagus studying here in our school?"

        She took out her wand to hex him again, only this time Tom was prepared.

        "Expelliarmus," he muttered, his wand was clutched in his wand arm.

        "Didn't I tell you that I don't make the same mistakes again?"

        "Accio," he muttered. In a second she was again in his arms, struggling to free herself. "And not to make me repeat my words?" he leaned towards her left ear and mumbled, "but don't worry. I am a good instructor. I believe I can shape you."

~*~*~

#fact: Expelliarmus is a disarming charm, Accio is summoning spell while Obliviate is a memory spell i.e. it modifies the memory.

Please comment and vote if you like this chapter.

Thank you all!!!