The Last Note: From an Author's Desk

Yo, friends!

This is me again, your amateur, immature, wannabe-author nomad.

I still can't believe that the journey of our story "Lost" has come to an end. I started this story back in 2016/2017. It roughly took 3 years to finish it. When I started this story, I was just planning to write maybe 10 or 20 chapters. I never imagined that we would be having around 100 chapters in this story. And I am still emotionally attached to everyone - the characters, the plot, and my wonderful readers.

Lost is very special to me since I dedicated myself fully to this story. You have no idea how much I struggled with these other ideas that wanted to pop out of my brain. I decided to shut them down, since I didn't want to abandon this story, and indirectly you all, who have shown so much of trust in me. This is all because of you. You people encouraged me so much that I never even thought about going on a hiatus. You are the people who made this story special. It was you who made me realize that I can actually write. For that, I am thankful to you all. I can't express my gratitude in proper words.

These are some last facts that I would like to tell you...

Fact #1: For those of you who wanted to know about Rebekah, she eventually made a career in a Quidditch team and married to Roderick (the boy whom she thought she loved). Her family disowned her after knowing her irresponsible behaviour. Due to some complications, she and Roderick couldn't have children of their own, and hence adopted a boy named Fenrir. (You can imagine whatever happened next.)

Fact #2: Many decisions that I have taken in this story are done spontaneously. Like Alexa's real last name - Goldstein. At the time when I wrote chapter 20 where this name is mentioned for the first time, I hadn't watched Fantastic Beasts and had no idea that there were actually Goldsteins in a magical world. It's just that I always liked this last name and wanted to use it in this story. Hence, when many of you started commenting Tina and Queenie, I got confused about what was happening. Goldstein is a fairly common name in both magical as well as muggle world, as such, Alexa has no direct relation with Tina.

Fact #3: Grindelwald was actually defeated by Dumbledore in 1945 in canon, so while Tom was busy serving his punishments, the threat of Grindelwald was nullified by our favourite professor. This also means that during the rescue operation (it was year 1943/1944), Grindelwald managed to run away.

Fact #4: Tom was 16 when he confessed his crimes. Then for 13 years, he served his punishments. That means he and Alexa were reunited when both of them were 29. Since Tom was born on 31st December 1926, this means the year when he came back was 1957. Anton Riddle then born in 1959, Lyla Riddle was born in 1960 while Devon Riddle was born in 1963. This means that the kids of Tom Riddle are going to Hogwarts during Marauder's era. 

Can I request you one last favour? This story is only on wattpad as of now, and I will truly appreciate if you help me in protecting this story from any theft. I won't upload this story anywhere else without informing you beforehand.

Thank you once again for reading this story. Your votes, comments, sharing the story and following my profile did the magic in terms of encouraging me. I am truly grateful to you for having my back as we finish this story. And I will really appreciate if you continue your support.

Let me tell you what happens when you vote. When you vote, the notifications are sent to others. That way more people read the story. When more people read, the reading number increases for this story. And the increment in reading number motivates me. Hence your votes are incredibly precious. Please be an active reader and vote as much as you can. You blowing up my notifications through your votes truly makes my day.

Thank you one last time!

Yeah, I think that's all for now.

P.S. If you have any fan-art, pm me. I will treasure them.

P.P.S. Please take care of yourself. Wonderful people like you are rare these days. Stay home and stay safe.

Ending credits: Please stay tuned for QnA and Bonus chapter. I hope it's worth your while.