Chapter 83

Since you have been so kind to me by voting so much, here is an early update.

~*~*~

I didn't want to lose another person that I love.

Another person that I love.

I Love.

Alexa placed her hands on her ears. Pfft! As if covering her ears would make the words go away. They were boggling her for the past seven days. Days and nights to be honest. Even sitting in the Great Hall at the prime time didn't help her blocking those words.

Idiot! She cursed herself. 

Worthless piece of humanity! She cursed herself more. 

Shaking her head, she couldn't yet believe that she said what she did. It had been long since she realized that Tom was an important part of her life. It had taken that damned conversation for her to figure out how big exactly this part was. 

She couldn't believe herself. Her face still turned red in embarrassment. 

What would he be thinking about her, she wondered. Her lips turned in disgust as she contemplated all the reactions he must have given her. She couldn't stay and witness them herself then. She couldn't do that now. A frown between her eyebrows deepened with every reaction that she imagined. Why wouldn't it, when every next reaction was worse than the previous one.

Her pale fingers adjusted her wig for the nth time. Thanks to the persistent embarrassment she had to face owing to her idiotic antics, her hairs had been pink for the last week. Despite the chattering of people around her, she felt so alone. This was all his fault. Damn Tom Riddle. Damn the emotions he aroused.

A deep sigh escaped her lips as she looked down at the open book in front of her. With squinted eyes, she tried to concentrate on the words in it for the umpteenth time. Fruitlessly. Since her confession, she had been keeping a distance from the Slytherin Prefect. He himself had not approached her either. She wasn't sure how she felt about that. He hadn't been avoiding her per se, but he hadn't chased her either. That made her feel emptier. She was lacking her courage.

Despite the cancellation of their tutoring session, Tom continued following their planned tutoring session meetings precisely. It was either that, or the boy actually lived in the library, but she could always see him at their designated desk in the library from the distance. It was just her, who didn't have enough guts to cross the distance and sit in front of him. No wonder she wasn't in Gryffindor. Unlike her, he looked composed. Calm and collected. And that made her so jealous. She envied him. If Alexa didn't know any better, she would have assumed that he was unaffected. One year back, she would have bet her last sickle on that. However, this year was different. Her intuition was screaming that he had a storm brewing beneath his flawless skin. And Alexa had no courage or proof to verify her theory.