Chapter 9

Tom was walking down the empty hallways. His one hand was holding his books, while his other hand was fixing his hairs. A certain witch was keeping his mind occupied. To say he was furious was not an understatement. He was mad but not that much on her. He was angry with himself. He had let her hex him. He was going to be the most powerful wizard of all times. How could a mere girl defeat a future of wizardry?

He was never taken away with anything so much to let it overpower him. Her eyes, they were different the day before. They were glowing, completely enticing him. He was oblivious to anything but them. He came out of his stare only when she hexed him.

He remembered how red she had turned. She was so angry. Her eyes were looking at him like they wanted to kill him. However, the thing that didn't settle with him was their colour. When you anger a metamorphmagus, its eyes are supposed to turn red. He narrowed his eyes. His sweetheart was hiding something from him and he was going to find out whatever that was.

He chuckled to himself when he remembered the arrangement he had made.

*flashback*

It was almost morning when the effects of a stunning spell faded away. It was Friday and the classes in the morning had been cancelled. Tom was supposed to go to the Great hall instead he was standing in front of his potion master's office.

*Knock*

*Knock*

"Come in," Slughorn replied.

Tom composed himself and opened the office door.

"Good Morning Professor." He gave him a very forced smile. He entered the office and closed the door behind him.

"Ah! Tom m'boy, very good morning to you too," he replied. His voice was cheery. It was clear that his professor was happy to see him there. "You are very early today."

"I wanted to ask if I could have a copy of Advanced Potion Book 7? It is not available in the library," Tom asked his professor.

Slughorn looked at him confused, "Tom it's a seventh-year book. Why do you want that now?"

Tom put on his most concern look on his face. "I already read Book 5. I just wanted that book to get a better understanding of the potions. I heard that the book contains detailed knowledge about the subject."

In reality, Tom had already read that book as well. He was a bookworm.

By the end of his little speech, Slughorn was looking at him in admiration and handed him the book. "Oh, Tom! You are the brightest of them all." He then turned serious. "I wish this world had more pupils like you."

Tom added more concern in his act. "What's wrong, professor? You look stressed."

Slughorn heaved a sigh. "I am talking about Winters. Do you remember the last class? It took me all day to remove the bloody potion from my face and cloak." He looked terrified. "That girl is a walking potion disaster."

Tom smirked inwardly. He had got a perfect opportunity.

"I wish I could help you somehow." Tom gave him a sympathetic look. "Teaching students like her can be horrid."

"You bet." Slughorn sneered.

"I wonder what it would be like to tutor her. Do you think professor a tutoring session can help her now that O.W.L.s are appearing so fast?" Tom asked him.

"That might work. She needs all the help she can get." Slughorn looked at him.

"But professor, seventh and sixth years are busy with their academics. I think someone from our year should be able to help her," he added. His intention was hidden in it.

"Yeah, that's true. But who?" his teacher mumbled to himself. By that time, Tom wanted to hit his teacher so bad. How much of a push could he give to that daft professor? Maybe he needed some time.

"So professor, I think I should leave. Thank you so much for the book," Tom said.

He turned around to leave the office. He was about to leave.

"Wait, Tom."

Tom smirked to himself.

"Yes, professor?" he asked him as he turned around.

"Why don't you tutor her?" Slughorn asked hopefully. This was what Tom was wanting from the start.

"I?" Tom faked hesitance "Do you really think I would be able to correct her?"

"Why not? You are the finest I have," Slughorn said.

"What if she doesn't want to work with me?" Tom asked.

"Leave that to me, Tom," Slughorn replied.

*Flashback ends*

Tom chuckled to himself. He was going to have so much fun when Alexa would come to know about this arrangement.

Oh, Alexa! You can't possibly run away from the dark lord himself.

~*~*~*~

Thank you all!!!