chapter 21

He devoured her lips like he was meant to do it. They were warm and soft. Her lips were not full nor were they bow-shaped, but they were perfect for his chapped yet cold lips. Tom firmly placed his one hand on the small of Alexa's back to keep her in place. His other hand was tilting her chin to direct their lips together. She was completely frozen in his hold. Neither was she pushing him away nor was she responding to his lips. Her hands, which she had placed in front of her as a reflex, were now rested on his hard chest. They were the only reason for whatever small passage of air separated their bodies. Her eyes were closed subconsciously.

Unlike her, his eyes were wide open taking her every reaction. Every shiver that ran through her body was making him feel the things he hadn't felt ever before.

Tom's initial steady hand was now running across her back, appreciating every curve it could possibly find. He bit her bottom lip. Though it was not that hard it was enough to draw some blood, adding metallic taste in his mouth. Tempted to look at her face, he pulled his lips away from hers.

As she opened her violet eyes, Tom rested his head on hers. His chocolaty eyes locked with lavender violet, appreciating their beauty. They both were breathing heavily. Apparently, their bodies had forgotten to breathe during their kiss. Though her eyes were now opened, Alexa was still in her dazed state.

Tom pulled back a little and muttered in a very husky, deep voice,

"What is your name sweetheart?"

Owing to the aftermath of the sudden, heated, one-sided assault on her lips Alexa mumbled,

"Tom"

Tom smirked. He had a theory that he affected her, but this was one solid proof to support it. It was also the very first time she had called him Tom, and no matter how much he loathed his name, it sounded good through the lips he just tasted. He tightened his hold on her back.

"What is your name my sweetheart?" he repeated again stressing those two words.

"Alexa Goldstein," Alexa responded still breathless.

The answer was enough to widen his signature smirk. His cockiness took over instantly. He hushed in his same husky voice,

"That wasn't so hard now, was it?"

His posture and the sentence that came with it was enough to act like a bucket of cold water for her. She realized what had happened. The git had used his physique to get an answer from her. He had manipulated her once again. The rage built up inside her. She was a fool. The initial pink colour of her hairs turned to flaming red. Before knowing anything, she pulled back her left hand that was still on his chest and connected it with his right cheek, leaving behind a deep red print and a very stunned looking Tom.

~*~*~

If you liked this chapter, please vote and share.

Thank you all!!!