Chapter 31

Thank you for being the best reader. I am so grateful.

~*~*~

Tom's hands were hanging freely by his sides, while his feet were rooted in the spot he was standing. His back was stiffened. His black locks were dancing in the light breeze. Without blinking his tantalizing orbs were stuck to the scene that was unfolding in front of him. The being and the beast were fighting like there was no tomorrow. The rivalry between those two were legends. Every wizard knew about the hatred they shared. And Tom was no exception. Magical creatures and their strength had never ceased to entertain him.

Though Alexa was taller, Sition was stronger. His near-human intelligence was giving him an upper hand. Tom had no idea why the wolf was protecting him. Though werewolves can walk on two limbs unlike other animals, and possessed some human-like features, it was impossible for them to befriend a human in their wolf form. He was convinced that his life was threatened no matter who won. Not knowing what to expect from those two, Tom looked around frantically for his wand. He saw it was stationed on the edge of the forest - near the place, he was standing before Sition entered the picture. In the moonlight, it's firm and polished length was shining brightly. Without wasting a second, he rushed to the place. He bent down and plucked that stick from the grass. He turned back facing the scene contemplating his options.

"It's so sad." Tom shivered when he heard a voice speaking right next to him. He turned to his left where that voice came from. It was a magical creature who had a head, torso and arms of a human while the rest of its body was of a horse. It was a centaur. Its long, wavy, white-blond hairs were reaching its human-waist, while its astonishingly blue eyes were fixated on the scene before him. It had a very dreamy look on its beautiful features. If not for its rough voice, Tom would have classified it as a female. This centaur was fairly attractive.

"What is?" Shaking his head, to bring himself out of his thoughts, Tom asked, "What is sad?"

The anonymous member of the forbidden forest turned his attention to Tom.

"The fate of that wolf." He pointed his long finger on the scene that was playing.

A heavyweight dropped in Tom's stomach. What did this stupid creature meant by what he said? Had he lost his mind?

"How do you know?" Tom asked him. He kept his voice as calm as he could.

"We may be classified as beasts, but we do have what you wizards call? Ah yes! Near human intelligence." The centaur muttered in distaste. "In fact, unlike you people, we do know the concept of star-gazing. I have seen a black cloud right over her head."

Ignoring the insult that filthy half-breed had thrown in the direction of wizards, Tom tried to recall his divination lessons. According to Professor Trelawny, he was lacking in that "eye-thing", so he never wasted his time on that subject. However, he didn't recollect what this cloud thing was, so not dwelling much he asked,

"What's this cloud?"

"The cloud is the centaur phenomenon for fate description. It is greatly affected by a person's choices under certain conditions of astronomical bodies." The centaur explained. "The colour black means her life is threatened."

Tom looked at the beast horrified. Was Alexa's life really in danger? No matter how much he disliked that she helped him, that too in her wolf form, he was not sure if he was ready for anything as disastrous as this. His mind ran through all those moments he shared with her. A smile graced his lips.

She was a half-breed, but she also was a metamorphmagus.

She was poor in potions, but she was excellent in Astronomy.

She was shy, but she was the only girl with whom he was infatuated.

The only girl who made him feel the things he never felt before.

The only girl whom he did not want to lose.

"You filthy beast!" Tom heard a male voice hissed.

Tom turned to see Sition had overpowered Alexa and was sitting on her. His legs were placed on either side of her straddling her, while his hands were pinning down hers. In short, he had caged her body completely. Tom saw his face was also in better condition than hers. Cancelling out a few claw marks on his face, his pale skin was still fairly visible. Whereas, her skin was coated in blood.

Tom stood in his spot. He knew he had to do something, anything, to protect her.

Clutching his Phoenix feather cored wand in his right palm, he directed it on the unaware vampire,

"No. You shouldn't play with destiny." The centaur glared at him.

Not giving him a damn, Tom muttered the first spell that came in his mind, "Flipendo!"

~*~*~

 Why do you think Alexa helped him?

Meanwhile, if you want you can find out what the last spell does.

Please vote and share the story if you liked this chapter. I will really appreciate your support.

Thank you all!!!