Chapter 69

Did you like the new cover? It is lovingly made by lostscarlettsoul

If you want to see all the previous covers, please hit the link to my Tumblr account. The link is in my profile.

May the people who lost their lives in terrorist attacks in India and New Zealand rest in peace. Life is too precious.

~*~*~

Sitting on a soft bed, her back resting against the headboard, Alexa squinted at the object in her hands. With both of her hands holding the ends, her eyes skimmed over its details. Delicately. Curiously. Carefully.

Would it hurt? Would it really? But this is wrong

Would it hurt? Would it really? But this is wrong. So wrong. Her mind boggled with her inner voice. Her finger traced the curve of an hour-glass attached in the middle. A sigh escaped her lips as the smoothness of the glass teased the tips of her petite, pale fingers. She was not supposed to have it. The artefact that turned time was dangerous. Powerful. Something that might even be destructive. Manipulating the time like that was never a good sign.

After waiting for an hour with Logan, for Mrs Booth to show up in her own damn office, she had come back to her dorm. Apparently, the caretaker was taking care of her business outside the school and no one thought to inform the two waiting teens in her office sooner than that. After all, what was the worth of their time? Nothing. How convenient! Alexa thought sarcastically. To be honest, she was happy, relieved even, that her supposed punishment was postponed. Who doesn't like procrastination when it comes to punishments? However, nothing prepared her for the surprise that she got after coming back to her dorm. The artefact in her palms was the cause of it all. For one short moment, she was delighted, surprised and excited. But then it got over. The next moment when her brain actually processed that she wasn't supposed to have it, shattered it all. And then came the last stingy moment which turned her bitterness to complete horror when the small processing unit in her body actually contemplated how she was going to place that back in its original place, that is Mrs Booth's office without being seen. She might not be that lucky to have the room for herself during the next visit which she was praying not to happen just a few moments prior.

Would that really, really hurt? Her mind question again. She knew that it was the right thing to do, to return it that is, but a small part, a minute but the most desirable part of her mind at that moment was actually hoping that she could have it longer. Not just to see, but to experiment. An artefact like that was costly, yet one couldn't have it unless they had the permission of the ministry or being handed over. Both these things were not in her favour at that point in her life. To every professor in the castle, she was not an exactly promising student who they could favour. This wasn't the case with Dumbledore, of course. The old man had a soft spot for the girl and the girl knew as well, but she also knew that he won't exactly be excited at the thought of her doing the experiments on a time turner. The great wizard knew how suicidal that would be. And so, there was no one to help her with her situation.