Chapter 78

As promised, this chapter is dedicated to my lovely reader crystal.

~*~*~

Sometimes, in a relationship... 

distance cultivates frustration.

The frustration fuels a fire.

The fire births passion.

And perhaps, it was the same passion that exploded through that kiss.

There was no Tom. No Alexa. Only two lovers who had longed for one another. They both burned with the same passion. Same hunger.

Tom had always taken pride in being a boy who knew exactly what and when he wanted anything. And at that particular moment, he wanted her. The girl in his arms. The feeling was as unusual as it was confusing. Nevertheless, it went unattended since a desire burned within his body. A pure, consuming desire. Like a wildfire, it burnt his surrounding. Like a fire-whiskey, it numbed his comprehension. Like a stunning spell, it made him paralyzed. Paralyzed to take a step apart. 

He had kept his distance for the past few weeks as a way of not only keeping his sanity but also to punish her. Never did he fathom that he would be the one suffering because of her punishment. Perhaps, this was why, like some spring released from its position, his body defied its owner and attacked its object of fascination. 

The moment their lips attacked another, she knew she was doomed. And what scared her the most that she couldn't be more careless about it. Like a magnet attached to iron, she clung him. Her hands held onto his shoulders like some spineless weed afraid of flowing away with the wind. As if he knew her supposed disability, he abandoned his hands and caged her to him by positioning his left hand around her small waist. The fingers of his right hand pulled on her black hairs that she had kept in a neat pony a little harshly. She moaned in pain that soon turned into pleasure when the new position allowed Tom's tongue better access in her mouth. 

Like a snake, Tom hissed when her nails dug into his shoulder-blades. He didn't like her in control. She was enjoying a bit too much for his liking. She wasn't yet forgiven in his eyes. And so he bit her bottom lip. With a force, he pushed her into the wall behind her. 

A gasp parted Alexa's lips when she looked up in his eyes. They were dark. Even darker than usual. And suddenly it left throbbing sensations in certain parts of her body. She felt wet in the regions that were not exposed to any weather. Her body craved heat. Not of the clothes, but of this human. At the same time, she felt like a burning sun. Abruptly, her clothes felt too warm for her liking. She wanted to get rid of them. Could human emotions get any more complicated? Yes, they could. Because, in the next instant, when Tom pinned her hands above her head with one of his own and trailed another on the brink of her robes, she felt insecure. Too conscious of her body, she tried diverting his attention by engaging their lips again, but he evaded her plans by attacking her suddenly exposed throat.

He trailed his lips from the joint between her left shoulder and neck to the one on the other side. Like a hungry animal, he licked the column of her slender neck. His teeth were living their traces behind as he sucked and bit the skin. His actions were rough. Rougher than usual, for he was just giving her his kisses of punishments. The new, bold and improvised way over the archaic and futile one of plane avoidance. His rougher lips smirked when his body absorbed her every shiver. He knew he affected her. It had always been amusing to affect her. He marvelled in that sensation.

She tried to free her hands. Her body was trying to react and reciprocate. A whine of protest escaped her lips when she realized they were stuck in their position. Disbelief flashed in her purple eyes when she felt his rough hands, both hands, rubbing patterns on the skin of her back. Even in the heat of their moment, the sly git had managed to cast a spell for glueing her hands in their current position. Like said before, he hadn't forgiven her yet. However, instead of feeling vulnerable, she felt aroused. A sapiosexual in her couldn't help but be impressed with his abilities. And thus, like a fool in love, she uttered the next sentence,

"Y-You mastered non-verbal wand-less magic." She continued breathlessly, "How?"

Tom pulled back a little. His sinful lips turned up devilishly when he detected naked admiration for him and his capabilities in her voice and her eyes. The glow of the latter, as always, arrested him in them. He remembered when he had fixed her clothes using a simple spell after they had been caught by Bloody Baron once, the first thing she had asked was about the spell. She appreciated the magic and its power. And he appreciated that. Most girls in his era hungered for status and looks, and he had a feeling that this wouldn't change anytime soon. Her appreciation towards something else, something as raw as knowledge, made her more desirable. More seductive.

Like a proud cobra, he tilted his neck. His eyes narrowed in mischief and his white teeth bit his lips. 

"Of course, sweetheart!"

Salazar! He did miss calling her that these weeks.

He waited for her to tell him off, just like good olden days, but his heart skipped many beats when she turned red instead. Her hairs turning pink in lieu of crimson indicated the weak protest that left her mouth was done heartlessly. They bared her true fascination with him and his antics. 

He loved that. A lot. 

With a force, he pulled her up and placed her on the nearest couch. Her hands, momentarily free, got magically stuck again when he covered her body with his in a very swift motion. This time real protests slipped past her pink lips which were followed by a chuckle of his own. Looking down, he contemplated that he actually liked this position better. It was like she was at his mercy.

"We have some unfinished business, sweetheart."

~*~*~

Please don't forget to vote, share and comment.

Thank you all!!!