Chapter 72

"Epelliarmus!" Tom's voice echoed once he made sure all the unwanted memories were removed. It didn't take him long to actually figure Flint's already vulnerable mind. After all, he was a trainee in Legilimency - an art of reading mind.  Amusement filled him when he realized how his girl had removed the memory of her almost transformation including the change of colour of her eyes but left her claim and victory over her opponent deliberately. It was like his badger wanted the snake to remember who was superior even when she was calm. Alexa was proving to be an efficient manipulator. Something Tom approved by heart

Alexa turned around at the sound of an intruder. Her wand flew out of her hand to the pale outstretched one of Tom. His pale, elegant fingers curled around the supple wood in a tantalizing way. 

The kneeling body of Odelia Flint suddenly became firm. Her shoulder straightened and so did her spine as she realized an object of her fascination had joined the scene. Her knight had come to rescue his princess.  With the feet that were now fuelled by the false hope of assurance, she stood up and mustered the softest pitch Alexa had a fortune of hearing through her.

"Tom!" She continued pointing a finger at Alexa, "This girl, she attacked me."

 The Slytherin Prefect, however, paid no heed. His gaze flickered hardly away from his queen, for her hypnotizing gaze pulled him in as a flame does to a moth. Her still violet eyes reflected surprise. Not a shock, he noted. His mouth, however, opened and spoke in the most authoritative manner.

"I saw who attacked whom, Flint" He sneered, as he turned in her direction. His hand reached forward to give the wand back to Alexa as he avoided looking at the girl. Her claim had excited him, yet it frightened him. How happy the silly act made him, made him realize how vulnerable he was acting. It was becoming really hard for him to look away from the penetrating gaze of the love-sick girl. His love-sick girl.

"Detention tomorrow night for you" He tried the hardest to look straight as his gaze flicked back to the hybrid girl. "And 50 points from Hufflepuff."

"But-"

"WHAT-"

Both girls reacted synchronously. The second one obviously from the female badger. Her love-sickness morphed to shock and disbelief. 

"Leave before you want to make it two." Tom disregarded Alexa for a moment and gazed icily at Odelia. The girl from the silver house threw a tentative glance at the other girl who hadn't turned back to look at her. The mocking smirk painted across her delicate lips. Oh! How badly she wanted to rub acid on the other obviously wounded girl. After all, she was a cause of why her house suddenly lost 50 points.

With a small nod, Odelia Flint left the scene. Her head ached. The clueless girl had no idea what she had witnessed. Or rather what she had forgotten.

As the other girl left, Tom turned his attention back to the only girl in the corridor. He tried hard to avoid her gaze cause he knew that, now that they were alone, they would be his undoing.

"Go back to your house, Alexa," he hushed.

He turned around to go other way having no idea what her name through his perfect lips did to her already hot body. He was cut short by her equally soft voice.

"I want detention too."

A smirk plastered on Tom's annoyingly handsome face. He spoke without turning. Avoiding her magnetic gaze at all costs.

"You already have two. Are you falling in love with them?"

It sounded so childish, but his mind didn't like the phrase in reference to this witch. The possessive freak in him felt uncomfortable while even referring to the scenario of her loving someone else.