Chapter 55

Alexa leaned back a little as she stretched her legs in front of her, lazily. She was sitting on the ground. Her palms placed flat on the lush grass that decorated the boundary of the lake that she faced. Her dull brown eyes looking at one particular point in the distance. The silence in her surrounding was serene. A deep sigh escaped those lips. If not for her transfiguration master, she was sure she had no chance to study at the most amazing school in the world. Well, it was her opinion. And she knew it was biased since she hadn't visited any other school. But hey! Who cared? Hogwarts was her warm and comforting home - the place that had given her everything she desired and beyond. She didn't have the courage to count her blessings she owed to this fantastic institute. Even if she had no opportunity nor a desire to travel this whole world, she knew that Hogwarts was the most beautiful place in every aspect it possessed. And she was going to miss it after completing her graduation. It had been her nest since she was eleven. It was the place where she ate, slept, and learned for the sixth year in a row.

She was afraid to let go.

She was afraid to get out of this heaven and face the real world.

She was afraid of her reality.

She sighed again. Why was she acting like it was her last year? Merlin! She was in her pre-final year for crying out loud. 

She looked down at the open book placed on her lap. It read -

"Crinus Muto is the spell which is the safe option to transform not only a colour but also style of the caster's hair."

Alexa snorted. Really? Such a simple spell in the sixth year? Simple but effective. She reminded herself. On Dumbledore's suggestion, she learned it in her first year. She had to. Helga! That man should be blessed.

She remembered their first meeting.

*Flashback*
*Almost six years back*

It was a mid-summer day. The delicate wind was running in the atmosphere of a town not far from London. In that town,  there were not many houses. But one stood out the least. A small wooden hut-like house was located near the base of the sacred hill of that town. It was closest to the said snow-covered hill like it was afraid of getting close to anyone in that low-populous area. The only companion that house had was a small abandoned ground in front of it. It was turned into a garden by the residents of that place. In that garden, there was a big tree. It was even older than the villagers. It had a swing. A small girl in a blue frock was sitting on it. The girl's name was Alexa. Her black hairs were tied in a ponytail. For an eleven-year-old, she was quite small. Her pale delicate palms were fisted on the ropes that supported that swing. Her feet, though touched the ground, didn't bother to push on it in order to take a swing. The wooden seat on which she sat was comfortable enough to let her forget what was its actual purpose. Her violet eyes were focused on a man in a distance.

The man was tall. There was only one man she knew who was taller than him. Her father. Dressed in a purple robe, the man sported a big pointy hat on his head. From that distance too, Alexa could see his long hairs and even longer beard. Her young, innocent mind wondered on the number of wigs she could make from his hairs. Her eyes closed as she let out a small giggle.

When she opened them, however, her lips parted. She gasped when she saw him standing by the edge of that garden with his eyes trained right on her. With her sharp senses, she could see that his brilliantly blue eyes had some weird twinkle. He was wearing a look that said that he knew something which she didn't. Did he know who was she? Did it mean that he knew her parents too? She panicked. Instead of finding out what was the truth, she ran inside the comfort of her small house, not forgetting to close its ancient door on her way.