Characters : From Author's Desk

This is just behind the scenes thing that I want to share with you all. I want to give you some idea of how these characters got their names.

Anthony Avery: An OC. The name Anthony means praiseworthy. He is a golden child to his parents. A perfectly obedient boy, so he is named like that.

Rebekah Grayback: An OC. The name Rebekah means captivating. To Anthony she is. I initially wanted her to be Logan's love interest but decided against that.

Ignatius Prewett: Not an OC. Internet says that he was Molly Weasley's favourite uncle.

Herbert Beery: Not on OC. He is portraying the role of Hufflepuff house head. It's however not clear whether he was actually a house head or not.

Evan Rosier: There was actually a character named Evan Rosier who was killed by Mad-eye Moody, however, the one that is used in this book has nothing to do with him. Though his name is not, he himself is an original character. The name Evan means strong.

Evanka Rosier: An OC. Her name means graceful. It is expected from pureblooded witches to have grace. However you will see, she is not so lady-like.

Verus Zabini: An OC. Since he belongs to a pure-blooded family, I wanted him to have a Latin name. To honour his house, that is Hufflepuff, he is named after the most important trait of badgers, that is honesty, purity.

Benjamin Lestrange: An OC. Benjamin is named so because I had watched the movie named National Treasure the day I wrote that chapter (Chapter One). That movie's lead's name is Benjamin.

~*~*~

I hope you liked this etymology.

Please vote and share this story. I will really appreciate it.

Thank you all!!!