Chapter 15

Alexa was walking through the hallways of the castle. Her feet were dragging her toward the black lake. It was the place that comforted her. Her school bag was dangling lazily on her left shoulder. Unlike most students, she preferred carrying her books in her bag. It was much more convenient than carrying them in hands. Every once in a while she would adjust the strap to keep it from falling. After waiting for Tom Riddle in the library for almost an hour she left. He didn't show up for their session that evening. She hadn't seen him throughout the day. Truthfully, a bigger part of her didn't care, but a small, a very very small part of her was wondering where the hell was that snake. After all, he was her tutor. She wanted to find a way to pass the exams and she was sure he was a highway.

Before she knew it, she had reached her destination. A happy, child-like smile appeared on her face seeing the water. She placed her bag on her side and sat down on the edge of the lake. From the place where she was sitting, she could see the forbidden forest. Like other students in Hogwarts, she was afraid of those dense trunks, but they never failed in luring her. She closed her eyes and started enjoying her calm surrounding.

After leaving his dorm, Anthony started wandering in the hallways. His mind was busy with replaying Tom's words. They were mocking him again and again. Best friend or not, how could he mock him? Rebekah was a feminist, but she was not dumb. She knew the consequences of doing anything stupid. His heart was trying to comfort him weakly. While walking, he came across the black lake. As usual, the place was silent, so instead, he decided to halt his wander there only. He was about to sit in the shadow of some tree when his eyes caught sight of a girl sitting near the lake. Her back was turned to him, so he couldn't see her face. He took a step toward her and bingo! It was the same bespectacled girl that his friend was after. A smile played on his lips when he saw her smiling like a fool while her eyes were shut.

"Hello!" he greeted as he reached her.

Alexa fell back in surprise. She was not expecting any visitor. She looked up to see Anthony Avery. She stood up quickly, perhaps too quickly, because in a very weird fashion her right foot lost the balance and she fell right into the ice-cold water. She screeched in the process.

The rage inside Anthony was forgotten the moment her body touched the water. His eyes widened.

"Winters" he screamed, his steps nearing him to her unknowingly. His hand was extended for her.

Thanks to Merlin that the water she fell in was not deep. She came to the surface. Coughing the water, she took Anthony's hand and the latter pulled her out of the cold water.

"Exaresco," she muttered pointing her wand at herself. While she dried herself Anthony was watching her. She turned to him, finding amusement in his eyes. His lips were twitched upwards, and it was clear that he was kind enough to control his laughter. She looked down to hide her burning cheeks, but she wasn't able to hide her emotional hairs. The fascination was written on his features when he watched them doing so. It was clear that Tom had shared that secret with him.

"Hi, and Thanks," she muttered without looking at him. At that Anthony burst out. He couldn't control his laughter anymore.

"Welcome. I am Anthony Avery," he introduced, after finally composing himself.

"I am Alexa Winters," the girl replied.

"So, Alexa that was one very entertaining first impression, wasn't it?" he hushed in a teasing tone.

Alexa turned red again. "Um- I must go," she said looking at his face for the first time.

"Why? Because I am here?" he asked directly. He never liked twisting the words. She didn't say anything, but he was sure the reason was what he had stated. "You shouldn't leave since you were here first. In fact, I should leave if it is this uncomfortable for you."

She shook her head rapidly. "No, it's fine. I came here long back anyway." She lied.

"Then you won't mind sitting here for some more minutes," he stated. He sat down where Alexa was sitting earlier. Seeing no way out, she sat down beside him reluctantly, questioning her decision nonetheless.

After a few long and awkward moments of silence, Anthony asked, "Do you come here regularly?"

His eyes were fixed on the lake.

She nodded her head but added quickly a short 'yes' when she realized he was not looking in her direction.

"I never thought a badger would like a place as silent as this. Don't you people prefer cheery places?" he asked her.

She agreed again, but added, "I like sitting here doing nothing but watching the black lake."

At this, Anthony turned to look at her. "You like watching black lake?" he asked in disbelief. "You can't even see a thing inside that dark water."

"That's the best part, isn't it? It hides all its weakness from our eyes. It's one mighty lake on the outside hiding all its mysteries inside," she said happily. Her eyes were shining looking at that dull surface. She turned to look at her companion, only to see him looking at her in amusement.

She looked away instantly. Why was she opening up to him again?

Unknown to both of them, her tutor was watching this exchange from afar with a mad glint in his eyes. Even from behind he could identify those two bodies. His fists were clenched on either side. His teeth were gritted. He couldn't hear their conversation because of the distance. His earlier realization of her being his was not helping him at the moment. His little badger was going to face big trouble.

'Sweetheart be ready. I am not sure about you, but I am going to have so much fun. You will see to whom you belong, my fireball. Real soon' were the last thoughts that homed his mind before he left the two oblivious pupils.

~*~*~

If you liked this chapter, please vote.

Thank you all!!!