Chapter 91

Alexa stood in front of Tom. Her smaller body wanted to act as a barrier to protect the boy she loved. By then she had recovered from her initial shock. Her inner beast wanted to break through her surface and attack the humanoid monster who took liberties of calling himself her grand-father.

"Why are we here?" She demanded.

"Arrogant. Determinant. Protective." Grindelwald chuckled. As if the girl had cracked some joke. "Just like your father."

Alexa gritted her teeth. She wasn't in the position to retort. Hell! She could see seven-eight more people had joined this unintended meeting. A big and hopeful part of her knew, that if she could transform then she could give Tom a head start to run and save himself before she sacrificed another life for her selfish wish to live, yet a smaller and more sensible part of her knew that it wouldn't help since they were outnumbered poorly in addition to not having their own wands. Besides, they had a vampire. What were the chances that the bat himself tackled her and the rest followed her boy? Was she ready to lose him? Perhaps it was better if they remained stuck together.

As if reading her mind and coming to the same conclusion, Tom squeezed her shoulder. Assuringly. She turned around to look at him. Their eyes got connected and words were exchanged without being spoken. His silent gesture ensured her that he was there for her just like the way she was there for him. They were going to go through this together. Her violet eyes moistened. Just a bit as she squeezed his hand.

"Why are we here?" She asked. Again.

"Impatient. Fiesty. Lovesick," Grindelwald tutted, "just like your mother."

If the older man was targetting to get under her skin, he was succeeding tremendously. Alexa was losing her patience with him by every passing second. She hated him referring to her parents. He had no right to.

"Why are we here?" Now it was Tom who demanded. He was planning to lay low. Like Alexa, he also knew the chances of them being leaving from here alive was close to none. And with Alexa being the centre of attention, he could foolishly hope to arrange something so that both he and his girl could leave at the first opportunity they got, but he knew he blew it the moment he saw the man annoying her. It was like a switch turned itself on inside him when he saw her getting annoyed by that fool. Tom himself was a fool.

"Why? I just want to talk and get to know my only grand-daughter of course!" Grindelwald spoke in amusement. His eyes stuck on the boy in naked interest.

*After some time*

*Miles away from that barren land in the cosy warmth of Three Broomsticks, Hogsmeade*

"Why the sudden call, Professor?" An authoritative voice of a man questioned. Standing at the height of 6 feet 5 inches, the man looked anything but lanky as he towered over all the four people flocking him. His golden locks glistened with the lights of fire torches in the walls as his warm blue eyes settled firmly on his subject. A 45-year-old Auror took away space in the room by his presence alone.

"Antonio, I am glad that you came on such short notice." Albus Dumbledore welcomed his guest. They had worked together in the past, still, a part of him had doubted if he would respond to his urgency.

However, Antonio Avery was paying him attention no more. His lips curved in a tentative smile when his eyes got stuck on his heir. His favourite son reciprocated his greetings with a bit more hesitation before he zeroed the distance between them and hugged his father.

"Papa!" Antonio heard Anthony whispering affectionately when he held him tightly. His nose breathed in the scent of his son's hair in content. He had almost forgotten how he was angry at this boy for breaking up his engagement which was there for years because nothing felt better than having his kids in his hold. He pulled back and stroke his son's black hair lovingly.