Bonus Chapter

Did you see the picture? Lost was ranked 16 in Badboy tag before our story became temporarily invisible. Thanks to the staff for fixing the issue, but we lost reads and ranking.

Thank you all for loving this story so much. It truly means a lot to me.

~*~*~

Standing in a corner, they kept smiling as she shook hands with everyone who came up to them and congratulated her on her recent success on Dragonpox. Their eyes were twinkling a bit as his hand never left her waist, and his feet remained stuck by her side. This was not even their celebration, but they were the centre of attention of the most.

Somethings never change. Lyla sighed heavily. This is what happens when you have a popular Alchemist father and an equally famous Potioneer mother. Her light grey eyes looked tiredly at her parents - the Riddles. Her parents looked happy and comfortable, but Lyla knew them better. She could see her father's tiredness. She could sense her mother's awkwardness. The hand that her father had around her mother was for the support of both of them. None of them liked making public appearances. And it was not just because of Alexa Riddle's shy and awkward persona.

Fourteen-year-old Lyla trailed her eyes from her parents to another couple - Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy. Charmed by Narcissa, Lucius continued ogling her intensely. His usual smirk was long forgotten as he smiled at the young woman genuinely who was busy in greeting everyone with words that were coated in honey. This newly wedded couple looked content and happy to be part of the celebrations. (Completely different from her parents.) After all, it was the gathering organised to honour their wedding. Lyla bit her lower lip. She would love a relationship like theirs for herself one day. 

Feeling like a loner, Lyla trailed her eyes toward another couple. She bit her lips to stop her growing smile. Just like her parents, this couple was not so happy to be at the receiving end of attention. They were Abraxas and Evanka Malfoy. Despite it being an important event of their son's life, Mrs Malfoy was gulping fire-whisky in one corner. Her husband, Mr Malfoy, was holding her so that she would not embarrass herslef by falling on her face in front of everyone. Lyla would love relationship like theirs too.

Malfoys were fortunate people when it came to arranged marriages. Lyla tucked a strand of her then red hairs behind her ear. Red strands were uncommon in a magical world, so the girl found them extremely efficient while keeping pure-blood snobs away. Besides, in public, they shielded her identity of being one of the Riddles. She loved her family. She loved them a lot. And her parent's relationship was great and pure and totally one of a kind, but she didn't want to share their hardships. Did it make her selfish? Maybe, but Lyla doubted she had strength like theirs to always fight back. The metamorphamagus girl was lucky to have them as her parents, but she was afraid that she failed in inheriting their courage. Her parents were her inspiration, and her gods, but she doubted that she could make sacrifices like theirs. Ever.

"Flower, is that you?" 

Lyla rolled her eyes and turned around in annoyance when she heard that peculiar voice. The obnoxious owner of that irritating voice was one of the reasons she didn't want to attend that gathering. If not for Sarella's insistence and theatrics to drag her to her brother's important night, Lyla would have enjoyed a quiet night with her own brother Devon.

"Oh, it's just you." 

The voice turned cold as the boy looked over the girl. Expressive Hazel eyes bared his disappointment. A frown etched between his sharply arched eyebrows. A hand that he had in his jet-black hairs for messing them up stopped as he scoffed at her presence. James Potter, a cocky Gryffindor, lived in his own world where he was the only king.