Chapter 37

Thank you so much for giving my story a chance. Thank you so much for 11K+ reads and 650+ votes. Your support makes my day.

~*~*~

Looking outside that transparent yet enchanted window, light blue eyes were focused on nothing in particular.

The actions he had taken and the reasons behind them were keeping his old yet sharp mind occupied. Some of the past memories were filling in the holes he had in the chaos of those two. He still remembered that day like it happened the day before.

The young boy of fourteen was standing in the room. His eyes were looking at the man who was almost three centuries his senior. They reflected the pain that pierced his heart. His shoulders were slumped. He was thankful for his legs to hold him as his mind processed the helpless situation he was in.

"B-but this is my h-home, h-headmaster." He stuttered. Tears were gathered on the brim of his eyes.

"As this is for others." The balding man replied. In contrast to the posture of that young fellow, his voice was full of authority, while his face lacked any emotion. "Including me."

The man who had dedicated years servicing the place which housed the future wizards showed no mercy to the boy whom he considered one of his best pupil, not a very long time back. Who knew time could be this cruel? Yet again, it was no secret that it was not very fair to all human beings always.

The boy looked up from his feet. His deep blue eyes landed on the only other candidate that was present in the room. They were looking at him pleadingly. Silent tears left his eyes, leaving behind their trails. Each of whose acted like a piercing knife to the gentle heart of a newly joined professor of that school. It was heartbreaking to see a young man so defeated and helpless. It was impossible for the latter to hold that gaze longer.

Hence, he turned his eyes to the most authoritative figure in the office.

"Headmaster - "

"Not now." The said figure exclaimed. Then he turned his attention back on the boy and commanded. "You will leave Hogwarts by train tomorrow. Pack your things tonight itself. Understood?"

The boy took in a deep breath. And nodded his head. His eyes once again finding a hollow interest in the pair of muddy shoes which he owned. Without daring to look at the place he called his heaven for one last time, he left the place as fast as his tired feet could carry him.

Once making sure that the boy was at safe distance, the headmaster of that ancient school exhaled deeply. His shoulders slumped as well. The face which was stern throughout this exchange unmasked itself to reveal his true emotions.

"Was it really necessary, headmaster?"

The said man turned in the direction of the only other member who shared this office with him from time to time.

"It hurts me too. Don't even think for one second that it was easy for me," He replied, "but I must do what is right."

"It was not exactly right." The latter commented. His voice had a little edge.

"And what do you suggest was right then?" The former mocked.

"We could have made some special arrangements for him. We could have kept him isolated for that particular day of every month." The latter replied again.

"Yeah? And risk the safety of other students? No thanks." The former continued "People send their children to this school believing that they are in good hands. I can't risk their lives like this."