Chapter 14

Sitting in his favourite chair, Tom was trying hard to concentrate on what he was reading. Even his favourite book on dark arts was unsuccessful in capturing his attention. A certain female badger was not ready to leave his mind. A reminder of how close she was sitting to her house-mate was annoying him. He was supposed to be tutoring her, instead, he was there in the Slytherin common room acting all mousy. For the first time, the pin-drop silence in the common room of the most prestigious house was not comforting him at all.

Getting fed up with his day, he threw his book in frustration. It landed in the fire, but he didn't care. Why was she on his mind anyway? Tom questioned himself again and again. He was trying so hard to find the reason, but his intelligent brain refused to give him one.

Slytherins started filling the common room. The flocks of female started giggling as soon as they came across him. Instead of smirking inwardly on those pathetic low-life creatures, he felt vexed. Not wanting to waste another minute in their presence, he stood up and ran to his dorm, skipping two steps at a time with his long legs.

Anthony was laying on his emerald four-poster. His eyes were looking at the silver lantern in his room. The thoughts of his family were running through his mind. A smile played on his lips when he remembered the recent letter he received from his mother, announcing his upcoming engagement. He knew this was unfair to Rebekah, but he had no choice. It was unusual in pureblood families to disown their child, but it was not something unheard. He knew he was capable of winning her heart. His thoughts were interrupted when the door of his room kicked open.

Tom entered the room. Though he was not saying anything, his eyes gave away his frustration.

"What's wrong?" Anthony asked him. He sat upon his bed and rested his head on a headboard, leaning on it in the process.

"How could she do it?" Tom asked, more like muttered to himself.

Anthony didn't take a lot of time to understand who was 'she'. He smiled knowingly to himself.

"What did she do this time?" He asked, genuinely curious this time.

"She was sitting so close to that badger. That filthy badger had rested his hand on her shoulder and she was like, 'I am okay with it'. You should have seen how close they were," Tom rambled.

Anthony smiled in amusement. This was the first time he saw his pal getting worked upon something as stupid as that.

"And that should bother you because-" He left his sentence there only for Tom to complete.

"It doesn't." Tom scoffed. "I don't care about those stupid badgers. I just think it's inappropriate to do things like that in public. They should remember this at least in the great hall. We are here to study, not to settle down."

"That's right," Anthony added, a teasing smirk evident on his face, "you shouldn't care her holding hands with him, or even kissing him."

Tom turned his head to him with the speed of light and narrowed his eyes dangerously on him. His eyes were seeing red, giving him an appearance like a snake, an insanely angry snake. "Why would she do that? She is just fifteen."

"She is fifteen, not five," Anthony commented again.

Tom couldn't explain what he was feeling. He was burning in rage. He didn't like this foreign feeling. He wanted to take out his anger in a muggle way. He knew his friend was having an upper-hand in whatever the conversation they were having. In that situation as well, Tom was not ready to step down. No. Nobody could defeat him. Hiding his mischievous smirk, Tom sneered.

"You are right. I know you won't mind Rebekah doing all that with someone else as well, right?"

Anthony lost all his previous demeanour. He straightened himself and narrowed his eyes at Tom.

"Why would she do that?" he fired on Tom.

"She is fourteen, not five," Tom replied.

"It's different in this case Tom." Anthony composed himself. And it was very hard.

"How so?" Tom asked him again.

"Because, I and Rebekah, we belong together," Anthony continued, "she was promised to me before either of us could understand the meaning of marriage. Hell! We even hadn't seen each other until she was ten. The first time I saw her when I was eleven, however, I knew she was mine. I knew I could do anything to make her mine. I knew I will not let her go, ever."

With that said, Anthony left Tom. The latter knew that his friend had feelings for that girl for years, but he never knew they were this strong. His words had left him stunned. His mind started processing them carefully. Unknowingly, he started comparing himself and Alexa with that conversation. 'she was mine' were the only words that echoed through his mind. The 'she' that his mind was happily referring to was the same violet-eyed witch. He liked that sentence very much. This all was very new to him. He had never felt this way about anyone. He was certain this feeling was not 'love', then why was he feeling so protective of her? Why was he so becoming so possessive? He was not sure if he belonged to her, but the thing that was clear to him was that she belonged to him.

~*~*~

I hope you liked this chapter. Finally, Tom had some insight about his feeling towards her. What do you think about it?

Please comment and vote.

Thank you all!!!