Chapter 28

Thank you for supporting this story. It means a lot to me.

~*~*~

Alexa was strolling through those familiar corridors. Her slightly pink lips were sporting a smile while her legs were skipping a step or two. Her warm brown eyes were twinkling when they were taking in her surroundings. To put it simply, she was happy. All because of one girl - Rebekah Greyback. A girl who was as different as her name. Her persona radiated feminism. She was stubborn and confident, something Alexa was not. Stubborn? yes. Confident? Not so much.

Her mind ran back to Anthony. The female badger couldn't help but think that they were perfect together. However, she was not going to admit this to anyone, especially not to Rebekah. She had no death wish. A shiver ran down her spine when that unwanted thought came across her mind.

"Helga! Watch where are you going, kid." Someone brought her out of her dazed state.

Alexa came face to face with a silvery figure of Fat Friar. He was holding his well-known silvery jug in his right hand while his left hand was held up in front of him to stop her. She turned around to see she was about to collide with one of the stone walls of that ancient castle. If not for her house ghost she would have embarrassed herself.

Alexa gave him a sheepish smile. "Thank you, Sir Friar!"

The short ghost looked at the young badger and gave her his usual kind smile. He was after all the kindest ghost in their school. "It's alright Ms Winters." He then slightly stiffened and added, "Just look out for Mr McLaggen."

Alexa froze slightly. Her insides turning nervous. Why? What happened to him? Voicing her thoughts she asked,

"W-Why? W-What happened?"

"I saw him crying earlier." Friar muttered, "I have never seen your friend this gloomy." His brown eyes gave away his anxiety.

She cursed herself. She wanted to give her friend a little space. She wanted to know the reason behind his dejection but she didn't want to use his emotional state to her advantage, especially if he was this vulnerable.

"Do you know where is he?" She asked equally unsettled. Her eyes were on the verge of changing back to their original colour.

"I saw him in the third classroom."

"Thanks again, Sir Friar," Alexa replied and bid him goodbye.

~

Alexa reached to the said classroom. It was the same classroom where that annoying git had tried to blackmail her. The same room where he commanded her to be his girlfriend. A shiver ran down her spine. She cursed again. The effect he had on her was not something she was fond of.

Alexa pushed open the door hesitantly. Her eyes trying to find the boy who was she concerned about. And luckily, she found her target. He was standing near the window. His back was facing her while his eyes were looking in the distance.

Alexa neared him. Tentatively, she placed her shaking hand on his shoulder. Her worried eyes were pleading with him to acknowledge her, to look at her. Growing up alone for so long, she had no idea how to comfort someone through words, so she let her actions spoke.

Logan placed his shaking hand on hers. His eyes were still refusing to look in her direction. A heavy sigh escaped his bow-shaped lips indicating his level of exhaustion.

"It's their anniversary you know" He muttered in a tired tone.

Not having any clue about the conversation, Alexa asked, "Whose?"

"My parents'," Logan replied. "Today is their twenty-fifth Wedding Anniversary."

A gasp escaped her lips. "Helga! Then why are you here?"

Logan turned in her direction. He then asked, "Can I tell you one story, Alexa?"

Alexa nodded her head in response. She wanted to comfort him.

"Once upon a time, there were two kids, a boy, and a girl. The girl was eleven years old, while the boy was four. The girl was the kindest person he knew. They did everything together. Fulfilling each other's wishes was like an unspoken mission for them." His eyes gave away the passion he was feeling.

"The boy was crazy about the game called Quidditch." Logan spat the word as if it was some venom. "He wanted to own a broom, to explore this planet. It was his fantasy to take the girl in those undiscovered lands. Then his birthday came. He asked his parents to teach him how to ride, but they refused since he was so young. That stupid boy cried, not knowing what they were saying was for his good. The helpless couple left the boy to attend some work.

"The girl, however, was unable to see his sadness, so she took the matters into her tiny hands. When his parents left she sneaked him out of his house. She took him in the backyard and showed him his father's old broom. The boy excitedly threw his hands around the girl barely reaching her waist. He climbed on that broom totally tactless on how to fly that thing. The girl climbed on the broom to sit behind him. Even though she was afraid of heights there was no way in hell she was letting him fly that thing alone. She kicked her feet and the next instant they were in the air. That was the most beautiful time of his life. He wanted nothing more in his life. However, the time was short-lived, because the next instant he heard a loud crash. He turned his face to look at the source of that sound, only to see his companion had abandoned her place and was lying on the ground."

Alexa looked at him in disbelief. She had no idea on who that girl was, but she had an inkling about the boy.

Logan continued his voice thick with the overwhelming emotions, "The boy raced toward the girl, only to see she was unconscious. He tried to call for help, but no one was there. He didn't know what to do. He turned to see his parents were already there looking at the scene horrified."

Logan turned away from her and asked in a very soft tone, "Do you know who those unfortunate people were?" If not for her keen ears, Alexa would have never caught the question. Without giving her a chance to respond he continued, "That idiot boy was me and that angelic girl was my sister, Maria McLaggen."

An audible gasp left Alexa's lips. She couldn't believe what was she hearing. Logan had a sister, that too an older one.

"What happened to her? She is okay, right?" Alexa asked.

Logan spoke darkly, "My parents tried their best, but the damage was done already." Logan continued, his eyes welling up with tears again. "Her brother crippled her for the rest of her life. I can't hold it in anymore."

Alexa took a final step and wrapped her hands around the helpless boy. Logan rested his head on her shoulder, wetting it more by every passing second. But at the moment she didn't care. She had more important things that needed her attention. Her eyes turned violet owing to all the overwhelming emotions she was feeling.

Though, Logan missed this change in her eyes someone who was hiding in the shadows did not. Not liking their close proximity he clenched his fists. How could he when she was his?

~*~*~

What do you think of Logan's past? Did I do justice, at least a little, to your expectations? Please let me know about my mistakes. I will correct them.

Please vote and share this story if you enjoyed reading it.

Thank you all!!!