Chapter 20

"Hello, Sweetheart!" Tom Greeted.

He was sitting right in front of Alexa. His one long, slender leg was crossed over another. His back was leaning on that comfortable wooden chair. His hands were folded on his chest. He was still in his school robes. His emerald prefect badge was shining brightly even in the darkness of that dorm. The mischievous smirk was in its place, while his eyes were busy taking in her every action curiously.

"Salazar!! I missed calling you that," he mumbled, his lips curving slightly.

Alexa, still not out of her shocked state, was looking at him incredulously. Her eyes were wide. Her lips were parted from the gasp that left them. Since she preferred to sleep in ridiculous positions, her hairs were resembling a wild nest. She was clutching her comforter to her chest. Truthfully, she was looking comical. And so, Tom let out a hearty laugh. It was her first time to hear that voice. It was beautiful, melodious. The realization brought Alexa out of her state of suspension.

"Riddle, What the hell!" she screamed standing up from her bed. Her comforter abandoned her in the process, revealing her not so appropriate pyjamas. Her face was red, though it was unclear if it was from embarrassment or from anger. She was struggling between glaring at him or avoiding his penetrating gaze completely. Her cheeks were puffed with anger. Her hairs were somewhere in between red and pink. Her eyes turned to their brilliant violet shade.

"And I definitely missed those eyes," Tom replied completely drawn in their beauty. He couldn't place his finger correctly on what he felt seeing them. They were stunning, electrifying, enticing. He wouldn't hesitate to call them hypnotizing.

Alexa looked away. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath trying so hard to compose herself. Tom saw her hairs turning back to their usual black colour. He was looking at her in utter admiration. Magic and the power that came with it never ceased to fascinate him. He sat up straight giving her his full attention. His eyes taking in her appearance. For the first time, he could see her long legs. Her school robes never did justice to them. He could see that her petite body had some curves. She was not exactly curvy, but her choice of clothing gave the impression that she was.

Alexa exhaled deeply and opened her eyes. Her head was bent low. Not making eye contact with him she asked,

"What are you doing here? Are you stalking me, Riddle?"

His already wide smirk widened more, giving him the look of infamous Jeff The Killer. His chest swelled with pride when he saw her acting so submissive. Mocking her he replied,

"Ahh!! Don't give yourself so much importance, sweetheart. I wanted to talk to you."

She was irritated. "Couldn't you wait till morning?"

"I wanted privacy," He continued, "and we don't have that in the daylight anymore." His tone was dripping with as much irritation as she was feeling, clearly indicating that the public they were attracting was affecting him as well. Then suddenly it struck her. She looked at him horrified.

"How the hell did you find our common room? Let alone enter it."

It was the truth. For a thousand years, no one, apart from the badgers, had found the Hufflepuff common room. It was considered to be the most secure of all.

Tom looked back into her eyes. They were still as violet as they were before. His brows crinkled a little, but masking his emotions very well, he smirked again. "I am Tom Riddle. I have my ways."

Alexa narrowed her eyes. This boy was dangerous. His every action screamed the same.

Tom who was enjoying her attention wanted to mock her so badly, but deciding against it, he spoke, "I was going through the school records."

School records? Were the students even allowed to access them? She was confused.

"Do you know, what shocked me the most? In them, I didn't find a record for a girl with name Alexa Winters," he said his gaze pinning her with a challenge.

"It might have been misplaced." She was shocked but composed herself fast. "Not like you should be invading my privacy." Her eyes narrowed once again.

"Maybe," he replied in a smug tone. "But do you know the best part? I found the records of some girl named Alexa Goldstein." He was observing her every reaction.

"And you are telling me this because?" she replied in a very calm tone. The sweat was gathered on the back of her neck. Though she was completely composed on the outside, her insides were anything but that.

By now, Tom had left his chair. His patience was ceasing. He took a step toward her. She took one back only for her legs to hit her bed. "She is the fifth-year. A Hufflepuff. Terrible in potions. Rings the bell?" he asked. His eyes were hardened. The darkness in them was enough to coward her.

"There are so many people with that description." She gulped. Her violet eyes were looking at him pleadingly. She was not expecting anyone to look into the records. She had trusted Professor Dippet with her privacy.

His eyes were narrowed on her. He knew she was lying. That too in his face. Tom leaned down to her level. They were breathing the same air. Their lips were only an inch apart. From this close, she could smell his cologne. She could almost feel his body heat. Her hairs started turning pink. He opened his mouth and was about to retort when the door of her dorm slammed opened. A very drunk form of Alexa's dorm-mate Olivia Lockhart entered the room. Since Alexa's body was hidden behind Riddle's and Tom's back was facing the door, she didn't recognize them.

"Helga! Did I enter boys' dorm?" she muttered and fell to the floor. Passing out the same instance.

Tom didn't even bother to look at the intruder. He leaned toward Alexa's left ear. His breath was creating wild shivers. Alexa could feel goosebumps everywhere. He bit her earlobe and mumbled in a very husky tone,

"Sweetheart, you are the badger, I am the snake."

He pulled back a little to lock his eyes with hers losing all his self-control,

"But in this chase, I am the predator and you are my prey."

With that he moulded their lips together, sealing their fates permanently.

~*~*~

If you liked this chapter, please vote and share.

Thank you all!!!