Chapter 13 - Invitations to the Global Pokemon Battle Tournament (Part 2)

At the Lumiose City Gym:

Clemont, as per usual, was working on his new invention in his room when suddenly it began to rattle and shake, eventually exploding, causing soot to fly everywhere around him. "Not again," he groaned. "Why does this always happen to me?" 

"Because you need to improvise on your inventions as well as giving proper names too," replied Bonnie smirking as she walked into his room. "Wait, what's that?" she asked when she noticed a small figure flying towards Clemont's room window, which appeared to be a Fletchling carrying a letter on its leg.

"I think that Fletchling wants to give us that letter it has," Clemont said as he opened the door allowing Fletching to fly in and land on his desk. After Fletching landed on Clemont's desk, Bonnie approached it and untied the letter from its talons, discovering that her name along with her brother's name was written on the cover. As Bonnie opened the letter, it read:

Dear Bonnie and Clemont,

You have been invited to the Global Pokemon Battle Tournament that will be held in Melemele Island in Alola and will begin in 2 years from now. The winner of the tournament will be awarded 1 million Poke-Dollars. All of the champion and elite four members will be there to help conduct and supervise the tournament, as well as taking part in some battles. The reason that it will be 2 years from now is because as a global event, the tournament will require a lot of organisation. Please arrive 2 months before the tournament starts so you can register.

As for accommodation, you don't need to worry about a single thing. There is a hotel that is specifically only for competitors of the tournament. All of the expenses, such as buffet for all meals, hotel room fees etc, have been covered for you.

We look forward to seeing you in the tournament.

Kind Regards,

Charles Goodshow and Scott.

"A battle tournament huh?" Clemont said. "That's an opportunity I'll never miss out especially if they're handing out so much cash for the winner." 

"Don't forget, Clemont. Now that I'm 10 years old I am now eligible on becoming a new Pokemon Trainer and begin a new journey by myself. Therefore I plan to enter the tournament as well," Bonnie said smirking.

"Well, what Pokemon are you going to bring with you for your journey and where do you plan to journey?" asked Clemont. "Well I plan to bring Squishy with me, Dedenne and then fill up the rest of my team by catching new Pokemon. And for your information, I plan to journey in Kalos so I can compete in the Kalos League. I'll be back before we head together towards Alola for the tournament," Bonnie replied.

"And when do you plan to leave on your journey?" inquired Clemont. "Tomorrow, if possible?" replied Bonnie. "That's fine with me," said Clemont, smiling. "Take care and be careful. Let me know when the Kalos League starts so I can cheer for you." "Thanks big brother, I'll be off now," Bonnie said as she headed off to Santalune City to challenge the first gym, Viola, who specializes in Bug Type Pokemon.

At Vaniville Town in Serena's Household:

Serena, who had recently beaten Aria, in her final fashion showcase in the Master Class, had finally become the Kalos Queen. She is currently residing at her home in Vaniville Town, but when some contestant reaches the Master Class, Serena would be contacted by Palermo and Aria to defend her title as Champion.

Flashback: 

After the audience voted for who was to be the Kalos Queen, the number resulted in Serena with more votes than Aria by 5. "And the Winner is Serena!" Monsieur Pierre announced. "Congratulations Serena on your victory over Aria and you have earned yourself the title of Kalos Queen," he continued as the audience clapped over Serena's victory.

"Congratulations, Serena," Aria said. "You deserved it. If anyone was to take my title as Kalos Queen, it would be you. In fact, if I was to lose, I wanted you to continue my position as Kalos Queen." "Thank you, Aria," Serena said. "You and your Pokemon were amazing. I can see why you managed to hold your title for so many years."

Reality:

Serena was in the middle of having lunch with her mother when someone knocked by the door. "I'll answer it," Grace said as she opened the front door, revealing a Fletchling with a letter tied on its legs. "A Fletchling huh?" Serena said. "And who is the letter for?"

As Grace untied the letter from Fletchling's talons, she replied, "Serena, it's for you." "For me? But from who?" she wondered while opening the letter. "No way..." she said as she began reading out loud the letter:

Dear Serena Yvonne,

You have been invited to the Global Pokemon Battle Tournament that will be held in Melemele Island in Alola and will begin in 2 years from now. The winner of the tournament will be awarded 1 million Poke-Dollars. All of the champion and elite four members will be there to help conduct and supervise the tournament, as well as taking part in some battles. The reason that it will be 2 years from now is because as a global event, the tournament will require a lot of organisation. Please arrive 2 months before the tournament starts so you can register.

As for accommodation, you don't need to worry about a single thing. There is a hotel that is specifically only for competitors of the tournament. All of the expenses, such as buffet for all meals, hotel room fees etc, have been covered for you.

We look forward to seeing you in the tournament.

Kind Regards,

Charles Goodshow and Scott.

"A battle tournament? Sounds interesting," Grace said after reading the letter with Serena. "So are you going to participate?" "Definitely, 1 million PokeDollars is not worth missing for and knowing Ash, he is most likely going to compete in this," Serena replied. "Well, well, someone's feeling keen to see her crush," Grace smirked, causing Serena to blush. "Mum," she said, half-exasperated. 

"Well, anyway, since this is an annual global tournament," Grace continued, "there will be a lot of people competing so it will be hard to win the overall thing. As the position of Kalos Queen, show everyone what you are made out of." "You bet," Serena said with a smile. "Ash, wherever you are, stay safe and I hope to see you at the tournament. I love you," Serena thought to herself as she began preparing for the Annual Global Pokemon Battle Tournament that will be held 2 years from now in Melemele Island, Alola.