Chapter 35 - Paul's 4th Unova Gym Battle

Paul's Pokemon Moveset Update:

Magmortar: Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Solar Beam, Thunderbolt.

Aggron: Heavy Slam, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Aqua Tail.

Electivire: Thunder Punch, Thunder, Brick Break, Ice Punch.

After spending a night a the Nimbasa Pokemon Centre, Paul made his way to the gym the next morning was greeted by Elesa.

"Greetings young man. Are you here for a gym battle?" asked Elesa.

"That's right," replied Paul.

"Then let's get started," said Elesa as she guessed for Paul to the battlefield a few metres in front of them. As both trainers made their way to their end of the battlefield, the referee began to explain the rules.

"This will be an official 3 VS 3 gym battle between the gym leader Elesa and the challenger?" the referee faced Paul, asking for his name.

"Paul," replied the purple haired trainer.

"And the challenger Paul," continued the referee. "Only the challenger is allowed to substitute Pokemon and the battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both sides please send out their first Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Tynamo, you're up first," said Elesa, sending the Elefish Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Magmortar, standby for battle," said Paul as the Blast Pokemon stood on the battlefield on its two small legs.

"Battle begin," stated the referee.

"Magmortar, start off with Sunny Day," said Paul as the Blast Pokemon released a large array of sunlight that covered the entire battlefield.

"Use Charge Beam," ordered Elesa as Tynamo released a light yellow beam of light towards Magmortar, scoring a direct hit, as well as increasing its special attack.

"Magmortar, use Flamethrower," commanded Paul as the Blast Pokemon attempted to aim a Flamethrower towards Tynamo. However, due to Tynamo's speed, it was able to dodge the attack with ease.

"It may be small, but it is certainly fast, so it definitely isn't a pushover," Paul thought to himself.

"Use Tackle," commanded Elesa as Tynamo charged towards Magmortar, using its speed advantage to score another direct hit, but a few seconds later, flames engulfed the latter for a quick moment, shocking Elesa.

"That's Magmortar's ability, Flame Body," explained Paul, with comprehension dawning on Elesa's face.

"Use Thunder Wave," ordered Elesa as Tynamo released a thin yellow wave of electricity towards Magmortar, scoring a direct hit and paralyzing it. However, it also took damage from the burn it received from Magmortar earlier.

"I better finish this off as soon as possible," Paul thought to himself. "Use Flamethrower on the battlefield," ordered Paul as the Blast Pokemon, powered up by Sunny Day, released a powerful Flamethrower on the battlefield, causing the entire place to become extremely hot and inflicting a lot of damage on the Elefish Pokemon.

"Finish this off with Charge Beam," commanded Elesa as Tynamo released another powerful Charge Beam stronger than before towards Magmortar, causing a cloud of dust to stir up.

After the dust clouds dissipated, it was revealed that both Pokemon had fainted.

"Both Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both sides please send out their next Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Return Magmortar. Great battle. Now take a good rest," said Paul as he recalled the Blast Pokemon.

"Same to you, Tynamo," said Elesa as she returned the Elefish Pokemon into its PokeBall.