Chapter 80 - Section 1 (Part 2: Barry VS Bianca)

With the traitors:

"Where in the name of Arceus has Guzma and his grunts gone?" asked Misty in annoyance.

"Dunno. Ever since he lost to Ash, we never saw him again," replied May.

"He promised that he would team up with us against Ketchum," said Kenny angrily.

"Not anymore," came a voice from a distance and the traitors turned their heads towards where the voice came from.

"What do you want Ketchum?" demanded Trip.

"If you were wondering where Guzma and his Team Skull grunts had went, they have already left this place," replied the raven-haired trainer.

"They what!?" said Kenny.

"That's right. He and his Team Skull grunts already left," said Ketchum.

"This is all your fault!" said Calem in an angry and accusing tone, causing Ash to shrug his shoulders.

"I suppose you can put it that way. He eventually learnt his lesson after losing to me and was smart enough to realise his mistakes," replied Ash. "By the looks of things, too bad the same can't be said to you lot."

"Shut up, Ketchum. Wait when we win the tournament and the victory shall be ours," snapped Drew.

"Yeah, we will be fine without Guzma," said May defensively, causing Ash to raise his eyebrows.

"Oh really? Let's see how far you guys manage to get in the rest of the tournament," said Ash who began walking off into the distance.

"Mark our words Ketchum. You will regret this," said Iris.

"We will see who shall be the one laughing in the end," said the raven-haired trainer who kept walking.

Later that day:

"This will be an official 6 VS 6 battle between the trainers Barry and Bianca. Substitutions can be made at any time and the battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both trainers please send out their first Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Roserade, let's go," said Barry as the Bouquet Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Cinccino, let's win this," said Bianca as the Chinchilla Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Hey guys, I'm not sure about you guys, but I have noticed that there are notable similarities between Barry & Bianca," said Ash while smirking.

"What is it?" asked Dawn.

"Both names start with 'b', both have blonde hair and are clumsy, often bumping into other people," replied Ash.

"Where are you getting with this?" asked Brock.

"I reckon they would make a cute couple," said Ash, causing the others to turn their attention to him.

"Wow so you're not so dense unlike before," said Serena.

"Serena, please... People can change, especially when all of you haven't seen me for at least 2-3 years," said Ash sweatdropping.

"Now that you think of it, I would agree with Ash," said Paul who gave a little smile, and everyone turned their heads to him this time in mild surprise. "Both are in a way, quite silly at times, no offense to them, in addition to the similarities that Ash had noted between them."

"Paul!!" said Dawn in mild irritation. "Can't you be nice for once?"

"What? It's true though. I mean, Barry couldn't take down any of my Pokemon when I battled him in the Sinnoh League," said Paul who shrugged his shoulders.