Chapter 26 - Bonnie's 2nd Gym Battle

Due to the amount of distance it takes from Santalune City to Cyllage City, it took several days for Bonnie to finally arrive at the seaside city. As it was already late afternoon by the time Bonnie arrived, she decided to rest her Pokemon in the Pokemon Centre while booking a cabin for the night.

The next morning, after eating breakfast and collecting her recovered Pokemon from Nurse Joy, Bonnie made her way to the gym, only to be greeted by a tall black haired guy with 4 different coloured rocks on his hair.

"Bonnie, is that you? It's been a while since I saw you and the rest of the gang after the Kalos Incident with Team Flare. How have you been," the figure asked.

"I've been great, Grant," Bonnie replied. "And I'm now on my own journey to compete in the Kalos League, as well as being here to challenge you to a gym battle," the young trainer continued.

"A gym battle huh? Alright, let's get started," Grant replied as the two trainers climbed to the top of the battlefield.

"This will be an official gym battle between the challenger Bonnie and the gym leader Grant. Both sides are allowed to use 2 Pokemon each and only the challenger has the right to substitute her Pokemon. The battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both sides please send out their first Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Go Flabebe," Bonnie said as the Single Bloom Pokemon came out of its PokeBall. "Go Onix," Grant said as he took out the Rock Snake Pokemon appeared.  "Are both trainers ready?" asked the referee, earning 2 nods in reply. "Alright. Battle begin!"

"Ladies first," Grant said, gesturing for Bonnie to attack first. "Thank you, Grant. Flabebe, start off with Fairy Wind," Bonnie said as the Single Bloom Pokemon released a pink gust of wind towards the opposing Onix.

"Onix, counter with Flash Cannon," Grant ordered as the Rock Snake Pokemon opened its mouth and released a powerful silvery-white beam towards the incoming Fairy Wind. Due to type effectiveness, Flash Cannon managed to overpower Fairy Wind, but the remaining energy of Flash Cannon left towards Flabebe was weakened.

"Flabebe, negate the leftover Flash Cannon by using Vine Whip," Bonnie commanded as the Single Bloom Pokemon released 2 vines from its flower and continuously struck the approaching Flash Cannon, eventually completely eliminating it. However, due to the location of Flash Cannon being very close to where Flabebe was, a dust of cloud stirred up surrounding the Single Bloom Pokemon, making it unable to see its surroundings.

"Onix, go through the dust of cloud and use Iron Tail on Flabebe," Grant commanded as the Rock Snake Pokemon made its way towards Flabebe while its tail glowed silvery-white. However, Bonnie had an idea. "Flabebe, stay where you are, don't move and listen carefully to your surroundings," she said as the Single Bloom nodded in understanding and stood unmoving.

A few seconds later, Onix was about to strike Flabebe with Iron Tail when Bonnie gave an order. "Dodge the Iron Tail and then spin while using Razor Leaf," she ordered as Flabebe attempted to evade the Iron Tail at the last second. However it was still hit by Iron Tail taking a lot of damage and while in mid-air, it then released an array of Razor Leaf while spinning in circles. Due to the increased speed of Razor Leaf as well as being a Grass Type move being 4 times effective against the Rock & Ground Type Onix, the Rock Snake Pokemon took a huge amount of damage.

"Now finish it with Vine Whip," Bonnie said as the Single Bloom Pokemon released 2 vines from its flower and aimed towards the Rock Snake Pokemon.

"Use Iron Tail once more," Grant ordered as Onix's tail glowed silvery-white again and aimed towards the incoming Vine Whip, colliding against each other with neither attack giving way to its opposition. Eventually, both moves overpowered each other and struck both Pokemon, causing a lot of damage on both Pokemon due to both moves being super effective against its opponent. After being hit by opposing attacks, both Pokemon were sent backwards several metres and fainted.