Chapter 85 - Section 2 (Part 3: Ash VS Tobias)

"This will be an official 6 VS 6 battle between the trainers Ash and Tobias. Substitutions can be made at any time and the battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both trainers please send out their first Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Go Darkrai," said Tobias as he sent out the Pitch Black Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Starting off with Darkrai huh. Guess that remains the same. Alright, Garchomp, you're up," said Ash as he sent out the Mach Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Since when did Ash get a Garchomp?" asked Flint in interest.

"Well I remember seeing Ash using a Gible in the Sinnoh League many years back, so I guess it fully evolved at some point before this tournament," replied Cynthia.

"Then you better be careful, Cynthia. Ash might catch up to your skill at some point," joked Aaron.

"Oh I'm sure he already has, since he has became the Champion of Alola," replied Cynthia.

"True, and if he does win this tournament, then he gets to battle the regional Champions, including you of course," said Agatha.

"Then I'd better be ready for it," said Cynthia.

"Not just you, Cynthia," said Lance.

"Us as well, of course," added Steven.

"I'm so excited for this," said Alder.

"I'm sure all of us are, getting the opportunity to battle a fellow Champion, that is, if he does win the finals," replied Diantha.

"Knowing how far Ash managed to go at this point, he most likely will," said Drake and the others nodded in agreement.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Darkrai, start off with Dark Void," said Tobias as the Pitch Black Pokemon hurled a black ball outline with purple energy towards the opposing Garchomp.

"Dodge it and use Hone Claws," ordered Ash as Garchomp managed to evade the attack and rubbed its claws together, increasing its attack and accuracy.

"It's fast alright, but luckily I have this. Ice Beam," commanded Tobias as Darkrai fired a powerful beam of ice towards the opposing Garchomp.

"Block the Ice Beam with Iron Tail," said Ash as Garchomp's tail glowed silvery white and continuously struck the opposing Ice Beam, breaking the ice into shards and deflected back towards Darkrai as well as damaging it.

"That's the exact same strategy that Ash used against Iris's Dragonite," said Serena in amazement.

"Amazing how he is going so well against a mythical Pokemon," said Professor Kukui.

"Garchomp is probably the second Pokemon knock out Tobias's Darkrai," commented Barry.

"Second? Then who was the first one then?" asked Bonnie.

"Ash's Sceptile. I think we've briefly mentioned it before," replied Brock.

"Ah right, I see now," said Bonnie.

"And we're not done yet," said Ash.

"Wait what," said Tobias who was taken out by surprise from Ash's strategy, had temporarily lost focus on what Garchomp was going to do next. Before he knew it, his Darkrai was then hit by Iron Tail and took more damage.

"Impressive, truly spectacular. Use Dark Pulse," ordered Tobias as Darkrai fired a wave of black rings covered in purple energy towards Garchomp.

"Break through the Dark Pulse using Dragon Rush," commanded Ash as Garchomp's body began to glow light blue with streaks of white, easily breaking through the Dark Pulse and scoring a direct hit on Darkrai.