Chapter 63 - Unpredictable Confessions

In the middle of training at one of the battlefields, with Brock, Dawn and Max:

"Crobat, use Cross Poison," ordered Brock as the Bat flapped its wings, creating an X-Shaped poison towards the opposing Togekiss.

"Togekiss, counter with Extrasensory," commanded Dawn as the Jubilee Pokemon's eyes glowed gold and fired a powerful rainbow beam of energy at the incoming Cross Poison, causing a powerful explosion that covered the battlefield while damaging both Pokemon and half a minute later, the explosion cleared up, revealing that both Pokemon had fainted.

"Both Crobat & Togekiss are unable to battle. Therefore, the result is a tie," declared Max.

"Oh well, return Crobat," said Brock as the Bat Pokemon was recalled back into its PokeBall.

"You too, Togekiss," said Dawn as the Jubilee Pokemon was returned.

"That was a great battle," said Max.

"Yes, it was," said Brock. "How does it feel to be a top coordinator?"

"I feel so accomplished and can't wait until the tournament begins," replied Dawn.

"I think we all are," replied Max.

"Alright, let's head to the Pokemon Centre to heal our Pokemon," said Brock and the other two nodded in agreement and began walking to the Pokemon Centre.

An hour later:

"Here are your Pokemon, Brock & Dawn. They are now 100% recovered," said Nurse Joy as she handed the PokeBalls to Brock and Dawn.

"Thank you very much, Nurse Joy," said Brock and Dawn as they took their PokeBall.

"Also Brock, while your Pokemon was being healed, I received a call from Pike Queen Lucy, and she wants me to tell you that when you have the time, please call her as soon as possible," added Nurse Joy.

"Pike Queen Lucy? Isn't she one of the Frontier Brains?" asked Dawn.

"That's right," replied Max.

"Alright, I got it. Thanks for informing me Nurse Joy. I'll call her now," said Brock as he made his way to one of the public telephones while Dawn and Max followed him.

A few seconds after dialling a number, Pike Queen Lucy's face appeared on the screen.

"Hey Lucy, apparently you contacted Nurse Joy here and told her to tell me that you wanted to me to call you when I have the time," said Brock.

"Oh, yes. Regarding that... How have you been Brock?" asked Lucy in a nervous manner.

"Well there's been a lot that I had to go through. I'm currently in Alola with Max and another travelling companion, Dawn. What about you?" replied Brock.

"I've been alright. It's been a really long time since we met when Ash had challenged me and won. Also I have a confession to make," said Lucy.

"What is it?" asked Brock.

"It's just ever since I met you, I actually had a crush on you but never had the proper the chance to confess," replied Lucy who started blushing harder while Dawn and Max just stood there shocked and astounded.

"Did I hear correctly?" asked Dawn.

"I think you did hear correctly. Looks like Brock is about to get a girlfriend. Speaking of which, who had to refrain Brock from flirting with pretty women when you journeyed with him and Ash in Sinnoh?" asked Max.

"Oh, Brock's Croagunk was responsible for that. Except that it would jab Brock on the backside. Even though Croagunk is now a Toxicroak, it still never stops jabbing Brock on the backside every time he flirts with pretty women," replied Dawn and both she and Max started laughing.

"How come you didn't have the chance to confess?" asked Brock.

"Well every time when you try to talk to me, Barbara and Max would just drag you by the ears before I get the chance to reply," answered Lucy. "So Brock, now that you know I have a crush on you, will you be my boyfriend?"

"Hmm..." thought Brock.

"Come on Brock, say yes," Dawn and Max said from behind him.

"Alright, I'd love to be your boyfriend," replied Brock who started blushing heavily as well.

"Awesome, see you in a few hours," said Lucy winking.

"Wait, you're coming here as well?" asked Brock.

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I come here to see my boyfriend, especially when I haven't seen you for such a long while? See you soon honey," said Lucy as the screen turned off, leaving Brock astounded and speechless.

"Well Brock, congratulations for getting yourself a girlfriend," said Dawn after a silent moment.

"Yeah, just make sure that you don't hurt her feelings by flirting with other women," said Max.

"Alright, alright," said Brock sheepishly.

"What are you guys doing?" asked Alain as the rest of Ash's loyal friends approached Brock, Max and Dawn.

"Well, we just witnessed Brock getting himself a girlfriend," replied Dawn.

"No way, are you serious?" asked Harrison.

"No kidding," replied Max.

"So who is it?" asked Paul.

"You'll see in a few hours. She is currently making her way here," answered Dawn.

A few hours later, when everyone came back to the Pokemon Centre after deciding to stay in their cabins to pass time:

"Where is she? She should be here by now," said Cameron.

"Ah, here she is," said Dawn and everyone turned to the entrance of the Pokemon Centre, where a woman was approaching and scanned her surroundings, only to see Brock hanging out with Ash's loyal friends.

"Brock!!" said Lucy, and the both of them ran towards each other and hugged, only to be finding that they had kissed on the lips a few seconds later.

"No way, that's Pike Queen Lucy," said Sawyer.

"She's certainly a keeper for Brock. Alright, Clemont, we should get you a girlfriend next," said Bonnie smirking.

"BONNIE!!" said Clemont in an embarrassed manner and everyone started laughing.

The moment the new couple kissed, Toxicroak appeared out of its PokeBall and was about to jab its trainer by the backside, but at the sight of Brock and Lucy kissing, it was shocked and had passed out.

"Haha, poor Toxicroak," said Dawn as she helped Toxicroak get up while the others laughed harder.

"Well Brock, congratulations on getting yourself a girlfriend after all these years," said Gary.

"Yeah it seems like your habit of flirting with pretty women throughout all these years has finally resulted in getting yourself a girlfriend successfully," said Serena, and everyone started laughing again.

"Haha thanks guys," said Brock sheepishly as Lucy kissed him on the cheek while blushing.