Chapter 32 - Bonnie's 3rd Gym Battle

Bonnie's Pokemon moveset update:

Floette: Fairy Wind, Vine Whip, Razor Leaf, Dazzling Gleam.

Dedenne: Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, Play Rough, Nuzzle.

Mantyke: Aerial Ace, Scald, Double Team, Ice Beam.

After arriving at Shalour City and catching a Mantine from fishing and defeating it with Dedenne (who had a 4 times type advantage), Bonnie had took her 3 Pokemon to the Centre and had it healed overnight by Nurse Joy and stayed at a cabin.

The next morning, upon collecting her Pokemon, Bonnie made her way to the Gym, only to be greeted by Korrina and her grandfather, Gurkinn. 

"Bonnie," Korrina said in delight and gave her a hug. "How have you been?"

"I've been great. How about you guys?" replied the young trainer.

"Better than ever," answered Gurkinn. "Are you here for a gym battle?"

"That's right," said Bonnie.

"Very well," stated Gurkinn, who then faced Korrina. "The rules are the same as when you faced Ash, am I right?"

"Correct. Shall we begin?" said Korrina.

"Of course. Make your way to either said of the battlefield. I shall be the referee," stated Gurkinn as all three of them made their way to their respective positions.

"This will be an official 3 VS 3 gym battle between the gym leader Korrina and the challenger Bonnie. Only the challenger is allowed to substitute her Pokemon and the battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both trainers please take out their first Pokemon?" requested Gurkinn.

"Go Mienfoo," said Korrina as she sent out the Martial Arts Pokemon out of her Pokeball.

"Let's go Dedenne," said Bonnie as the Antenna Pokemon jumped onto the battlefield and sparks glowed on its cheek.

"Battle begin," said Gurkinn.

"Begin with Swords Dance," ordered Korrina as Mienfoo's small hands glowed white and began creating animated swords that began dancing, sharply increasing its physical attack.

"Use Thunderbolt," Bonnie commanded as Dedenne released a powerful thunderbolt that scored a direct hit on the Martial Arts Pokemon and inflicting a good amount of damage on the latter.

"Now use Drain Punch," said Korrina as one of Mienfoo's hands glowed green and aimed towards the opposing Antenna Pokemon.

"Counter it with Nuzzle," ordered Bonnie as sparks glowed on Dedenne's cheeks as it charged towards the opposing Drain Punch, taking damage from the Martial Arts Pokemon's attack as well as scoring a direct hit with its own move, paralyzing it as an additional effect.

"It may be a very small Pokemon, but it definitely isn't a pushover," Korrina thought to herself as she watched her Mienfoo become paralyzed.  

"Use Poison Jab," ordered Korrina said as the paws on Mienfoo glowed purple and aimed towards the Antenna Pokemon.

"Deflect it with Iron Tail," commanded Bonnie as Dedenne's tail glowed silvery white and managed to eliminate every hit of Poison Jab from the Martial Arts Pokemon.

"Quick, now finish it off with Play Rough," said Bonnie as Dedenne then cloaked Mienfoo and itself with a thick white smoke surrounded by stars and smacked it several times with its tail, causing a lot of damage due to it being a super effective attack and eventually fainting it.

"Mienfoo is unable to battle. Dedenne wins," said Gurkinn.

"Return, Mienfoo. You fought well," praised Korrina as she returned the Martial Arts Pokemon back into its PokeBall.