Chapter 54 - Hoenn League Ever Grande Conference

Max's Pokemon Moveset Update:

Sceptile: Leaf Blade, Focus Blast, Dragon Claw, Work Up.

Gallade: Close Combat, Zen Headbutt, Bulk Up, Poison Jab. Item: Galladite.

Breloom: Swords Dance, Seed Bomb, Sky Uppercut, Stone Edge.

Slaking: Chip Away, Earthquake, Play Rough, Brick Break.

Golduck: Signal Beam, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Rain Dance.

Mightyena: Play Rough, Scary Face, Iron Tail, Crunch.

Not long after defeating Juan at the Sootopolis Gym, Max had finally made his way to Ever Grande City by boat and was greeted by Professor Birch after registering in the league.

"Congratulations on making it into the Hoenn League, Max," said Professor Birch. "I have a gift for you," he said as he took out a box containing a Key Stone and a Galladite.

"Which Mega Stone is that?" asked Max, though he had a vague idea of what it is.

"A Galladite and a Key Stone," replied Professor Birch.

"Impossible, where did you get it from?" asked Max in surprise.

"Well I actually found it while doing some field work, and when Juan from Sootopolis City contacted me about you earning all 8 badges, he also told me that you had a Gallade that you use against his Milotic and won. Additionally, I also had a spare key stone with me that has not being used so far. So here you go," said Professor Birch.

"Thanks a lot, Professor," said Max as he took the Galladite and the Key Stone.

"No problem. Good luck when competing. I'll need to head back to my lab right now," said Professor Birch as he walked off.

"Take care," Max said as he waved farewell to Professor Birch. After watching Professor Birch disappear into the distance, he then made his way to one of the public telephones that had a screen allowing face to face interaction. A few seconds later after dialling a number, Max's parents' faces had popped up on the screen.

"Hello Max, it's good to see you again," said Norman.

"Hi Mum and Dad, just wanted to let you know that I had finally made it to the Hoenn League," said Max.

"Don't worry, we already know, son. Professor Birch had informed us," said Caroline.

"We've very proud of you to have made it this far. Good luck and we will be cheering you on," said Norman.

"Thank you so much," said Max. "Also, is May still at Sinnoh by any chance?" he asked.

"Yes, and she had recently won a Grand Festival there, making her a Top Coordinator," replied Caroline.

"Yeah, she seems like she was so proud of her achievement," added Norman.

"Well it isn't something much for us, considering how she and Drew betrayed Ash," commented Max.

"I know. Not long before you defeated Norman, May contacted us saying that Drew had decided to go back to Johto a few months ago and collect ribbons there instead of in Sinnoh, eventually winning the Grand Festival there and earning the title of Top Coordinator," said Caroline.

"Well, I'm surprised that you had even bothered to listen to her talk about how proud she is of Drew," said Max.

"I'm still willing to give her a chance to redeem herself. She is my daughter and your older sister after all," said Norman.

"It will be a matter of time. Though I was thinking of something," said Max.

"What is it?" asked Norman and Caroline.