Chapter 97 - Ash VS Alder

Alder's Pokemon Moveset Update:

Bouffalant: Earthquake, Head Charge, Swords Dance, Giga Impact.

Escavalier: Swords Dance, Iron Head, Megahorn, Drill Run.

Accelgor: Bug Buzz, Giga Drain, Focus Blast, Water Shuriken.

Volcarona: Quiver Dance, Flamethrower, Giga Drain, Bug Buzz.

Braviary: Sky Attack, Superpower, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing.

Vanilluxe: Freeze-Dry, Ice Beam, Water Pulse, Flash Cannon.

A week after defeating Paul in the finals and winning the overall tournament, Ash spent the next seven days training all of his Pokemon in preparation of facing his final hurdle from becoming the Pokemon Master: Battling and defeating all fellow Regional Champions, in the order of Alder, Lance, Diantha, Steven and Cynthia.

At the stadium:

"This will be an official 6 VS 6 battle between the champions Ash and Alder. Substitutions can be made at any time and the battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both champions please send out their first Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Accelgor, let's go," said Alder as he sent out the Shell Out Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Lapras, I choose you," said Ash as he sent out the Transport Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Accelgor, begin with Bug Buzz," ordered Alder as the Shell Out Pokemon called out loudly, firing several powerful red sound waves from its body towards the opposing Lapras.

"Counter with Hydro Pump," commanded Ash as Lapras opened its mouth and fired a powerful jet of water towards the opposing Bug Buzz, creating a powerful explosion that damaged both Pokemon.

"In that case, use Giga Drain," said Alder as Accelgor began to fire several green beams of energy towards Lapras.

"Freeze it with Blizzard then use Psychic," ordered Ash as Lapras fired a powerful gust of snow towards the approaching Giga Drain, freezing the Grass-type attack and then fired it with a powerful beam of purple energy, breaking the attack into smaller pieces towards Accelgor and hurting it.

"Interesting combination attack. I reckon that would be quite handy in Contest Battles," said Dawn.

"Has Ash attended Pokemon contests before?" asked Serena.

"Yes, he has. In the Jubilife Pokemon Contest and the Wallace Cup in Sinnoh as well as the Terracotta contest in Kanto," replied Brock.

"And for someone who has little experience in performing in Pokemon Contests in the past, he has done a very decent job," added Dawn.

"And he managed to tie against May's Blaziken with his Sceptile in the Terracotta contest," said Max.

"That's so amazing. You don't suppose I should convince Ash in taking part of Pokemon Showcase Perfomances?" asked Serena jokingly, causing Dawn, Brock, Clemont and Bonnie to react in shock.

"Never, that's not his style at all," said Brock sweatdropping.

"Not to mention that it's for girls only," added Bonnie.

"And can you even imagine Ash trying to compete for becoming the Kalos Queen?" said Clemont.

"Yeah, better not let Ash hear you suggest that," said Brock.

"Alright, alright," said Serena sheepishly.

"In that case, use Focus Blast," commanded Alder as Accelgor fired a powerful bluish-white ball of energy towards the opposing Lapras.