Chapter 48 - Bonnie's 7th Gym Battle

Bonnie's Pokemon Moveset Update:

Dedenne: Thunderbolt, Play Rough, Iron Tail, Nuzzle.

Lapras: Rain Dance, Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Zen Headbutt.

Mantine: Double Team, Aerial Ace, Blizzard, Scald.

Gardevoir: Calm Mind, Focus Blast, Moonblast, Psychic.

Florges: Dazzling Gleam, Light Screen, Energy Ball, Vine Whip.

Tyrantrum: Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Aerial Ace, Iron Head.

Just to let you guys know, Olympia's male & female Meowstics have the following movesets:

Male Meowstic: Helping Hand, Light Screen, Psyshock, Shadow Ball (added as the anime had only gave 3 moves).

Female Meowstic: Future Sight, Dark Pulse, Psyshock, Thunder Wave.

After defeating Valerie in Laverre City and spending a few days, Bonnie began to make her way to Anistar City. On her way, she went to visit the Pokémon Fossil Research Lab. The scientists were happy to see Bonnie reunite with the Tyrantrum that she had temporarily taken care of during her previous journey and decided to let Bonnie keep the Tyrantrum, which delighted her.

Upon arriving at Anistar City, she decided to hand all of her Pokemon to Nurse Joy while heading off to get some lunch. Once finishing lunch, her Pokemon were healed and returned. As Bonnie arrived inside the gym, she was greeted by the gym leader Olympia.

"Greetings, young Bonnie. Not long ago I have predicted that you would be here soon to challenge me in a gym battle. I accept your request," said Olympia as she gestured for Bonnie to follow her.

"This will be an official double battle between the gym leader Olympia and the challenger Bonnie. Neither sides are allowed to substitute Pokemon and the battle will be over when all either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both sides please take out their Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Meowstic, I'm counting on you," said Olympia as she sent two Meowstic, one being male and the other being female.

"Tyrantrum and Mantine, let's go," said Bonnie as the Despot Pokemon and the Kite Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Mantine, start of with Scald on the female," ordered Bonnie as the Kite Pokemon opened its mouth and fired a stream of hot water towards the female Meowstic. 

"Tyrantrum, use Dragon Claw and slash at the male Meowstic," added Bonnie as both of Tyrantrum's claws began to glow green and aim towards the male Meowstic. 

"Use Light Screen and Dark Pulse towards the incoming Scald," ordered Olympia as the female Meowstic had fired a dark ring of energy surrounded with purple towards the incoming Scald attack and effectively eliminated the attack that caused a powerful explosion that damaged all Pokemon.

Whilst the explosion caused damage, the male Meowstic created a bright yellow light screen that reduces damage done by special attacks for 5 turns. However, it was struck by Dragon Claw, twice from each strike inflicted by each claw and took a lot of damage.

"Impressive. Use Thunder Wave on Mantine and Shadow Ball on Tyrantrum," said Olympia as the male Meowstic aimed a wave of electricity at Mantine while the female Meowstic fired a ball of shadows at Tyrantrum.

"Tyrantum, use Stone Edge on the female Meowstic and Mantine, dodge the attack by using Double Team," ordered Bonnie as the Despot Pokemon slammed one of its claws on the ground, causing several sharp stones to protrude from the surface of the ground and score a direct hit on the female Meowstic and inflict a lot of damage. However, it took damage from the Shadow Ball.