Chapter 40 - Bonnie's 5th Gym Battle

Bonnie's Pokemon Moveset Update:

Dedenne: Thunderbolt, Play Rough, Nuzzle, Iron Tail.

Lapras: Rain Dance, Ice Beam, Body Slam, Surf.

Mantine: Double Team, Scald, Aerial Ace, Blizzard.

Kirlia: Calm Mind, Psychic, Icy Wind, Dazzling Gleam.

Florges: Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, Fairy Wind, Vine Whip.

Clemont's Pokemon moveset update:

Luxray: Ice Fang, Wild Charge, Fire Fang, Iron Tail.

Chesnaught: Brick Break, Swords Dance, Stone Edge, Seed Bomb.

Diggersby: Earthquake, Fire Punch, Stone Edge, Swords Dance.

Heliolisk: Surf, Parabolic Charge, Focus Blast, Grass Knot.

Magneton: Flash Cannon, Zap Cannon, Sonic Boom, Signal Beam.

Magnezone: Rain Dance, Thunder, Flash Cannon, Hyper Beam.

A few days after defeating Ramos in Coumarine City, Bonnie has finished making her way back to her hometown, Lumiose City, to challenge her older brother for her 5th gym badge.

As she entered the gym, she was greeted by Clembot.

"Ah Bonnie, it's been quite a while. Good to see you," Clembot said in his electronic voice.

"Yes it has, good to see you too Clembot," replied Bonnie. "Where is my big brother?"

"Follow me," Clembot said while leading the way. Soon enough, the two of them reached Clemont's bedroom, and found him working on a new invention.

"Ah, Bonnie, you're back. Already collected 4 gym badges, did you?" asked Clemont as he turned around to face Clembot and his younger sister.

"Yep, and you know what I'm here for," replied Bonnie.

"That's right. Okay, let's head to the battlefield," said Clemont as the three of them made their way to battlefield.

"As usual, I will be the referee," said Clembot, earning two nods of acknowledgement from Clemont & Bonnie while they made their way to one end of the battlefield.

"This will be an official 3 vs 3 gym battle between the gym leader Clemont and the challenger Bonnie. Only the challenger is allowed to substitute her Pokemon and the battle will be officially over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both sides please take out their first Pokemon?" requested Clembot.

"Alright, go Diggersby," said Clemont as the Digging Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Go Kirlia," said Bonnie as the Emotion Pokemon stood on the battlefield.

"A Kirlia? Interesting. Do you plan to evolve it into Gardevoir or Gallade?" asked Clemont in curiosity.

"Gardevoir," replied Bonnie.

"And I assume that will be your Pokemon for Mega Evolution?" added Clemont.

"That's right. Let's get this battle started," said Bonnie.

"Battle begin," said Clembot.

"Kirlia, start off with Psychic," said Bonnie as Kirlia's flashed blue and a blue aura began to surround Diggersby.

"Diggersby, snap out of it," said Clemont as the Digging Pokemon struggled to break free of it.

"Not a chance. Now slam it on the ground," said Bonnie as the Emotion Pokemon gained further control of Diggersby and struck it on the ground and causing a lot of damage on the latter.