Chapter 43 - Paul's 6th Unova Gym Battle

Paul's Pokemon moveset update:

Gliscor: Tailwind, Guillotine, Aerial Ace, Earthquake

Honchkrow: Sky Attack, Night Slash, Steel Wing, Heat Wave

A few days after departing Driftveil City, the Sinnoh native has finally made his way to Mistralton City. It was midday by the time Paul arrived at the city, so he decided to get some lunch while leaving his Pokemon for Nurse Joy to get them healed.

After lunch, the purple haired trainer went back to the Pokemon Centre to retrieve his Pokemon and walked to the gym. He noted that a woman had gotten off a jet plane in the hanger right next to the gym and was approaching him.

"Hello, my name is Skyla, the gym leader of Mistralton City. Are you here for a gym battle?" asked Skyla.

"That's right. When are you able to battle?" asked Paul.

"I can do it now, sorry for the rush. I was busy doing one of my daily plane driving routines. Follow me," said Skyla as she gestured for Paul to follow her.

"No matter. Also my name is Paul, sorry for the late introduction," replied Paul as he was led to the battlefield.

"Pleasure meeting you, Paul. Don't apologise," said Skyla as she kept walking.

"Another challenger today?" asked an old man standing near the midpoint of the battlefield, eyeing Paul in interest.

"Yes," replied Skyla. "Paul, this is my grandfather, Miles. He was the previous gym leader of Mistralton City. He will be the referee of our gym battle."

"Nice meeting you Paul," said Miles as Skyla made her way to one end of the battlefield.

"Pleasure meeting you, Miles," Paul replied back as he made his way to the other end of the battlefield.

"This will be an official gym battle between the gym leader Skyla and the challenger Paul. Both sides are allowed to use 3 Pokemon each, but only the challenger is allowed to substitute Pokemon. The battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both sides please take out their first Pokemon?" requested Miles.

"Swoobat, let's battle," said Skyla as the Courting Pokemon appeared in the battlefield.

"Honchkrow, standby for battle," said Paul as the Big Boss Pokemon appeared on the battlefield, standing on its two legs.

"Battle begin," said Miles.

"You can go first Paul," offered Skyla.

"As you wish. Honchkrow, begin with Steel Wing," ordered Paul as Honchkrow's wings glowed silvery white and began to charge towards Swoobat.

"Use Signal Beam," commanded Skyla as Swoobat fired a yellowish-green beam of light towards the incoming Honchkrow.

Both attacks collided with each other, where Honchkrow got hit by the Signal Beam, but still managed to score two strikes with both wings with Steel Wing.

As a result, Honchkrow and Swoobat were knocked backwards a few metres.

"Use Air Slash," ordered Skyla as Swoobat flapped its wings and created a powerful slash of air towards the Big Boss Pokemon.

"Dodge it," said Paul, but Honchkrow appeared to be in a trance and could not hear its trainer's command, causing it to be hit by the Air Slash and take more damage.

"Use Charge Beam," said Skyla as Swoobat then fired a beam of electricity towards the incoming Honchkrow.

"Dodge it and use Heat Wave," ordered Paul, as Honchkrow, despite being confused, managed to dodge the attack and open its mouth, firing a red hot wave of flames towards Swoobat and score a direct hit. Seconds after it was hit, flames engulfed the Courting Pokemon.