Chapter 96 - Section 6 (Finals: Ash VS Paul)

"This will be an official 6 VS 6 battle between the trainers Ash and Paul. Substitutions can be made at any time and the battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both trainers please send out their first Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Drapion, standby for battle," said Paul as he sent out the Ogre Scorpion Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Heracross, I choose you," said Ash as he sent out the Single Horn Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Drapion, use Swords Dance," ordered Paul as the Ogre Scorpion Pokemon created a circle of dancing animated swords, sharply increasing its attack.

"Heracross, begin with Bulk Up," commanded Ash as the Single Horn Pokemon flexed its arm muscles while a red aura began to surround the outline of its body, increasing its attack and defense.

"Use Cross Poison," said Paul as Drapion created an X-shaped poison with its two pincers and fired it towards the opposing Heracross.

"Counter with Stone Edge," ordered Ash as Heracross slammed one of its fists on the ground, causing multiple sharp stones to appear from the surface and collide with the opposing Cross Poison, causing an explosion to break out that damaged both Pokemon.

"Use Aqua Tail," commanded Paul as Drapion's tail began to glow blue while charging towards the opposing Heracross.

"Block it with Megahorn," said Ash as Heracross's horn on its head began to glow white and charged head on towards the opposing Drapion, resulting in what appeared to be a stalemate.

"Now strike Drapion with Close Combat," said the raven-haired trainer as Heracross began to immediately punch the Ogre Scorpion Pokemon repeatedly, dealing effective damage, but also lowering its defense and special defense.

"Not bad, Ketchum," Paul thought to himself.

"Now use Stone Edge once more," commanded Ash as Heracross punched the ground again, causing multiple sharp stones to protrude from the surface towards Drapion.

"Charge forward towards Aqua Tail," ordered Paul as Drapion's tail began to glow blue again and effectively negated the opposing Stone Edge while heading forward towards the location of Heracross.

"Now strike it with Megahorn," said Ash as Heracross's horn began to glow white once more and charge towards the opposing Drapion.

"Quick, use Cross Poison," commanded Paul as Drapion created an X-shape poison with its two pincers and fired it towards Heracross, who took damage from the attack, but managed to keep going and eventually score a hit on the Ogre Scorpion and taking it out of action.

"Drapion is unable to battle. Heracross wins," said the referee.

"Return, Drapion. Magmortar, standby for battle," said Paul as he recalled the Ogre Scorpion Pokemon and sent out the Blast Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Heracross, begin with Close Combat," ordered Ash as the Single Horn Pokemon began to charge towards the opposing Magmortar.

"Dodge it and use Sunny Day," said Paul as Magmortar managed to dodge the attack and fire a white ball of energy into the sky, causing a powerful beam of harsh sunlight to cover the entire battlefield.

"Alright then. Use Stone Edge instead," commanded Ash as Heracross slammed one of its fists on the ground, causing multiple sharp stones to appear from the surface and charge towards the opposing Magmortar.

"Destroy the stones with Solar Beam," ordered Paul as Magmortar fired a powerful beam of sunlight towards the opposing Stone Edge, easily cancelling it out and head towards Magmortar.