Chapter 94 - Section 5 (Part 1: Paul VS Sawyer)

Sawyer's Pokemon Moveset Update:

Sceptile: Frenzy Plant, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse. Item: Sceptilite.

Clawitzer: Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Water Pulse.

Salamence: Dragon Claw, Fire Fang, Steel Wing, Earthquake.

Slurpuff: Flamethrower, Drain Punch, Play Rough, Psychic.

Aegislash: King's Shield, Swords Dance, Sacred Sword, Iron Head.

Slaking: Hammer Arm, Counter, Body Slam, Slack Off.

"This will be an official 6 VS 6 battle between the trainers Paul and Sawyer. Substitutions can be made at any time and the battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both trainers please send out their first Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Slaking, let's go," said Sawyer as he sent out the Lazy Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Ursaring, standby for battle," said Paul as he sent out the Hibernator Pokemon into the battlefield.

"A battle between two Normal-type powerhouses. This will be an interesting start," said Brock.

"Sawyer better be careful when dealing with Ursaring, considering it managed to take out half my team during my first full battle against Paul," said Ash.

"Is Paul's Ursaring really that strong?" asked Gary.

"Definitely. It's one of Paul's strongest Pokemon in his team, and it definitely isn't a Pokemon to be trifled with," answered Dawn.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Slaking, use Hammer Arm," ordered Sawyer as one of the Lazy Pokemon's arms glowed white and aimed towards Ursaring.

"Take the hit and use Bulk Up," commanded Paul as Ursaring got hit by the super effective attack, but managed to withstand it while flexing its arms and a red aura began to surround the outline of its body, increasing its attack and defense.

"Now that Slaking can't move, use Bulk Up again," ordered Paul as Ursaring did the exact same move it last used, increasing its attack and defense by another stage.

"Now use Slash," said the purple-haired trainer as Ursaring's claws glowed white and scored a direct hit on Slaking, dealing a good amount of damage.

"Use Slack Off," commanded Sawyer as Slaking yawned and its body began to sparkle with white energy then covered with a light green aura, restoring its lost health.

"Not bad. Use Bulk Up once more," said Paul as Ursaring increased its attack and defense for the third time in battle while Slaking's Truant ability activated again.

"Now wrap this up with Close Combat," commanded the purple-haired trainer as Ursaring began to charge forward and continuously strike Slaking and dealing heavy damage.

"Use Counter," ordered Sawyer as Slaking managed to withstand the attack and become covered in a multicoloured aura and punch the opposing Ursaring, dealing twice the damage it took from Close Combat and a few seconds later, both Pokemon were taken out of action.

"Both Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both trainers please send out their next Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"That was very smart of Sawyer to use Counter like that," commented Ash.

"Wonder if Paul had been expecting that to happen. Seems like he got outsmarted," said Dawn.

"Nonetheless, that was undoubtedly an intense start for a full battle," said Barry.