Chapter 28 - Akala Island Grand Trial

After completing Mallow's trial, Ash and his Pokemon spent the next 2 days training his Pokemon in order to challenge the Island Kahuna. At the end of the 2nd day of practicing, Ash and his Pokemon were ready to challenge Olivia. Upon everyone finishing eating breakfast, everyone gathered at the front entrance of the resort.

"Is everyone ready?" Professor Kukui, earning a response of "yes" from the rest of the group. "Alright, let's get going," he continued as they made their way to the Ruins of Life. It took a few hours to reach their destination due to the long distance.

Once the entire group had reached the Ruins of Life, they were led by Olivia to the battlefield located right outside the altar, where visitors can pay their respects to Tapu Lele, the guardian of Akala Island. As Ash and Olivia made their way to either side of the battlefield, the students sat on the side of the battlefield to spectate while Professor Kukui was the referee.

"This will be an official Grand Trial Battle between the Island Kahuna Olivia and the challenger Ash Ketchum. Both sides are allowed to use 2 Pokemon each and only the challenger has the right to substitute his Pokemon. The battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both trainers please send out their next Pokemon?" said Professor Kukui.

"Go, Probopass," Olivia said as the Compass Pokemon appeared out of its PokeBall.

"A Probopass, huh?" Ash thought to himself. "Alright, go Typhlosion," the raven haired trainer said as the Volcano Pokemon appeared out of its PokeBall.

"A Typhlosion!? How many starter final evolution fire type Pokemon does Ash have at the moment?" Kiawe said in shock after seeing Ash's Typhlosion in battle.

"Well, Kiawe, I have Charizard, Typhlosion, Infernape, Emboar, so that makes it four," Ash said turning to Kiawe.

"Wow, just wow," Kiawe said. "I wish to battle one of your fire type Pokemon, if that is okay with you," he requested.

"That's fine, but that will have to wait until later," replied the raven haired trainer, focusing back on the battlefield.

"Are both trainers ready?" asked Professor Kukui, earning 2 nods in reply. "Alright, battle begin!" he declared.

"Ash you can go first," offered Olivia.

"Thanks," Ash said in gratitude. "Begin with Lava Plume," Ash said as Typhlosion created a large explosion around it, causing a mix of smog and flames to cover the area and and aiming towards Probopass.

"Such power," Kiawe said in amazement. "If only Ash used his fire type Pokemon in my trial."

"Probopass, use Stone Edge," Olivia said as Probopass slammed itself on the ground and created several jagged stones to protrude from the ground and charge towards the incoming Lava Plume, creating a huge explosion and stirring a cloud of dust, which cleared up half a minute later, revealing that both Pokemon had taken some damage from opposing attacks.

"It seems like that both sides are equal in power," commented Lillie.

"But not for long," Olivia said in confidence, knowing that her next move is an attack that never misses. "Use Magnet Bomb," she said as Probopass created a silver orb on its nose and fired towards Typhlosion.

"Destroy the Magnet Bomb by using Focus Blast," Ash ordered as Typhlosion created a blue round orb of energy and fired it towards the incoming Magnet Bomb. Due to Focus Blast being a more powerful attack as well as type matchup, it was enough to negate the Magnet Bomb and score a direct hit on Probopass.

"That would cause a lot of damage," Mallow commented.

"Yeah, with Probopass being a Steel/Rock type Pokemon having a 4 times weakness to Fighting type moves," Lana said.