Chapter 72 - Tag Battles (Part 2)

During Day 1 Match 5:

"This will be an official 2 on 2 tag battle between the pairs Alain & Gary VS Emmanuel and Frank. All trainers are only allowed to use 1 Pokemon with no substitutions and the battle will be over when all of either pair's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both sides please send out their Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Scizor, I choose you," said Gary as the Pincer Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Metagross, let's battle," said Alain as the Iron Leg Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Hippowdon, go," said Emmanuel as the Heavyweight Pokemon appeared on the battlefield, instantly activating its Sand Stream Ability, causing a sandstorm to cover the battlefield.

"Aurorus, let's do this," said Frank as the Tundra Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Interesting. Even though Sand Stream was activated, none of the Pokemon here would be buffeted by the latter since all Pokemon here are either Rock, Steel or Ground Type Pokemon," commented Bonnie.

"Well, that's an ability gone to waste," said Max and the others nodded in agreement.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Metagross, use Rock Slide," ordered Alain as the Iron Leg Pokemon raised its front two legs, which glowed orange, soon causing multiple rocks to collapse towards Aurorus and Hippowdown.

"Scizor, use Iron Head on Hippowdon," said Gary as the Pincer Pokemon's head glowed silvery-white while charging towards the Heavyweight Pokemon.

"Hippowdon, use Earthquake," commanded Emmanuel as the Heavyweight Pokemon slammed its body onto the ground, causing a powerful tremor to shake and head towards Scizor and Metagross.

"Aurorus, defend yourself with Protect," ordered Frank as the Tundra Pokemon's eyes glowed red, creating a blue physical barrier around itself, making it immune to any attacks for the turn.

Whilst Aurorus protected itself, all three other Pokemon managed to successfully land their attacks on their attacks.

"Use Meteor Mash on Aurorus," ordered Alain as Metagross's two front legs began to glow white and charged towards the Tundra Pokemon.

"Use X-Scissor on Hippowdon," said Gary as Scizor's pincers glowed white and formed a purple X-Shape, aiming it towards the Heavyweight Pokemon.

"Use Stone Edge on Scizor," said Emmanuel but noticed that Scizor could not move due to flinching from either Rock Slide or Iron Head.

Or even both.

"Stop Scizor by using Thunderbolt," ordered Frank as Aurorus fired a yellow beam of electricity from its body at Scizor, scoring a direct hit and successfully stopping the latter on its tracks as well as paralysing it. However, it was directly hit by Meteor Mash and due to the significant type effectiveness of the attack on the Tundra Pokemon, the latter fainted shortly after being hit by the attack.

"Aurorus is unable to battle," said the referee.

"Return, Aurorus," said Frank as the Tundra Pokemon was recalled.

"Use Psyshock," commanded Alain as Metagross created a bluish-purple beam of energy between its front two legs and fired it at Hippowdon.

"Hit it with X-Scissor once more," said Gary but Scizor could not move due to paralysis.

"Use Earthquake," ordered Emmanuel as Hippowdon slammed its body onto the battlefield once more and caused a tremor that struck both Metagross and Scizor whilst taking damage from the Psyshock attack.