Chapter 45 - Poni Island Trial Challenge (Part 2)

After spending the afternoon and the next morning collecting the 6 petals, Ash had a quick lunch with Professor Kukui and the students and immediately made their way to Mina's house, where she took the petals and made a rainbow flower.

Once the rainbow flower was made, the Totem Ribombee appeared in front of them.

"Alright Decidueye, I choose you," said Ash as the Arrow Quill Pokemon appeared into the battlefield.

"Since when did you get a Decidueye?" asked Mallow in surprise.

"Well he was still a Rowlet when I caught him shortly before challenging Ilima's Trial. This Pokemon actually took part of the Ilima's Trial," explained Ash.

"Interesting," commented Lana.

"Decidueye, start off with Spirit Shackle," ordered Ash as the Arrow Quill Pokemon fired an arrow from its wing, looping the Ribombee before striking it, creating a blue fire-like energy and inflicting damage on the latter.

"I see, so that is for preventing it from switching to the other ally Pokemon," commented Professor Kukui.

"Though this is the only time I'll do this. It wouldn't be fair if I did this every time when challenging a Totem Pokemon," said Ash.

"It won't matter much, considering that this is your last challenge on the Totem Pokemon," said Sophocles.

"That's true," said Ash. "And you will be in for another surprise."

"And what might that be?" Kiawe asked.

"You'll see," replied Ash.

As Ribombee realised that it cannot switch out due to the effects of Spirit Shackle, it began to use Quiver Dance, increasing its speed, special attack and special defense.

"Alright, use Work Up," commanded Ash as Decidueye surrounded itself with a red beam of energy, increasing its attack and special attack.

"Wonder what Ash has got in his plan this time," said Lillie.

"Hit it with Smack Down," said Ash as Decidueye fired several orange orbs of energy at Ribombee while Ribombee itself fired a Bug Buzz by flapping its wings towards the incoming attack.

Both moves collided with each other and inflicted damage on their targets, with Ribombee taking more damage due to taking a super effective hit.

"Couldn't Ash teach it a flying type move such as Brave Bird or Sky Attack?" asked Lana in confusion.

"I could have, but Smack Down, being a Rock type attack, is useful against three of Decidueye's weaknesses, Fire, Ice and Flying," answered Ash in return.

"Use Sprit Shackle," ordered Ash as Decidueye fired another arrow quill from its wings and aimed towards Ribombee.

Whilst doing so, the Totem Ribombee fired a bluish-white beam of light towards the incoming Spirit Shackle.

Both moves created an explosion that knocked both Pokemon back and inflicting damage on them.

"Power up with Work Up," commanded Ash, but instead of using Work Up, Decidueye created several animated swords that began dancing, sharply increasing its attack.

"Wow, you learnt Swords Dance instead? Even better, because all of your attacks are physical attacks," said Ash.

As Decidueye used Swords Dance, the Totem Ribombee seized its chance to use Quiver Dance, increasing its speed, special attack and special defense.

"Use Smack Down," ordered Ash as the Arrow Quill Pokemon fired another set of orange energy orbs at Ribombee, who countered with Draining Kiss, which inflicted damage on Decidueye as well as recovering some HP. However it was also severely hurt due to Smack Down.

"Time to finish this. You ready, Decidueye?" asked Ash and was given a nod. Immediately, both Ash and Decidueye created several poses while a beam of energy enveloped between the the duo.

Eventually, the Z-Move was ready to fire, with Decidueye creating a large array if arrows and firing to shoot at Ribombee with full force.

Ribombee, on its side, began to fire one last Dazzling Gleam towards the incoming attack, creating an explosion.

However, the Z-Move had shortly overpowered Dazzling Gleam due to Work Up & Swords Dance, scoring a direct hit on Ribombee and fainting it in the process.

"Well done, Ash. I'm impressed how your Decidueye learnt Swords Dance in the process," said Mina. "As proof of victory, here is the Fairium-Z," she added as she gave Ash a rhombus shaped crystal.

"Thanks Mina," said Ash as he took the badge.

"Congratulations Ash," said Professor Kukui as he and the students made their way to the raven haired trainer.

"Thanks guys," replied Ash. "So who is the Island Kahuna of Poni Island?" he asked.

"That would be Hapu, and the Grand Trial will be held in Vast Poni Canyon," replied Professor Kukui.

"Awesome, how do we get there?"  asked the raven haired trainer.

"From here, you will need to get through the Poni Wilds and the Ancient Poni Path," said Professor Kukui. "Mind you, it's probably better if we headed to Hapu's house first in the Ancient Poni Path to let her know," he added.

"That's fine. I think it's better to head there tomorrow since it is afternoon," said Ash.

"Good idea. Let's head to the Pokemon Centre and book a few cabins to stay overnight in," said Professor Kukui.

"Once again, thanks for the Z-Crystal, Mina," said Ash.

"No problem, you deserve it. Good luck with your final Grand Trial," said Mina.

"I'll do my best," said Ash as he, Professor Kukui and the students began to make their way to the Pokemon Centre.

Author's Note: Sorry for a rather short chapter, but I hope you guys enjoyed it. The reason I have managed to publish several chapters this week is because I have finished all my assessments for the time being.

However, for the next 4-5 weeks, I will be busy for another batch of them, so I probably won't be able to post chapters in a frequent manner like now, depending on the situation such as how long it takes for me to complete an assignment and how long it takes for me to revise for my final exams to mark the end of my first semester of my first year of university.

Between my first and second semester, I will have a break that lasts for about several weeks, so I should be able to post a lot often during that time period while I'm not at work or doing other activities.

Note that during a 2 week straight period of that time, I will be attending a church conference for 4 days in one week and going skiing in the second week with my family for about 6-7 days, so I won't be able to write chapters during that time.

Hope all my readers are doing well in their life and thank you to everyone who voted on my chapters as well as supporting me.

Peace out,

Jerry ✌