Chapter 78 - Tag Battles (Part 8)

Day 4, Match 6:

"This will be an official 2 on 2 tag battle between the pairs Astrid & Shauna VS Ivan and Jenny. All trainers are only allowed to use 1 Pokemon with no substitutions and the battle will be over when all of either pair's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both sides please send out their Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Pyroar, let's go," said Astrid as the Royal Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Venusaur, let's win this," said Shauna as the Seed Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Bronzong, I'm counting on you," said Ivan as the Bronze Bell Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Ariados, go," said Jenny as the Long Leg Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"So Shauna's Ivysaur finally evolved into a Venusaur," commented Serena.

"Yep, just like my Charizard and Tierno's Blastoise," replied Trevor.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Bronzong, use Extrasensory on Venusaur," said Ivan as the Bronze Bell Pokemon fired a rainbow coloured beam of light towards the Seed Pokemon.

"Use Megahorn on Venusaur," said Jenny as Ariados's horn glowed white and extended in length while charging towards the Seed Pokemon.

"Venusaur, use Sunny Day," said Shauna as the Seed Pokemon fired a white ball of energy towards the sky, causing a harsh sunlight to cover the entire battlefield.

"Counter with Fire Blast," said Astrid as Pyroar fired a 大-Shaped flame towards the opposing attacks, overpowering it thanks to Sunny Day and dealing heavy damage to both Ariados and Bronzong.

"Smart move powering Fire Blast with Sunny Day," commented Alain.

"That certainly caught me by surprise. Use Cross Poison on Pyroar," said Jenny as Ariados recovered from the attack and fired a purple X-Shaped poison towards the Royal Pokemon.

"Use Flash Cannon on Venusaur," said Ivan as Bronzong fired a silvery-white beam of energy towards the Seed Pokemon.

"Use Hyper Voice," said Astrid as Pyroar fired a powerful sound wave towards both opposing Pokemon, causing an explosion that damaged all Pokemon.

"Use Leech Seed on Bronzong," said Shauna as Venusaur fired a seed towards the Bronze Bell Pokemon, scoring a direct hit and causing several vines to surround it.

"Use Bounce on Venusaur," said Jenny as Ariados jumped into the air and was temporarily out of sight.

"Now use Extrasensory on Venusaur once more," said Ivan but at this moment, the vines surrounding Bronzong began to sap energy out of it, making it unable to move.

"Now's our chance. Use Fire Blast on Bronzong," said Astrid as Pyroar opened its mouth and fired a 大-Shaped flame towards the opposing Bronze Bell Pokemon, scoring a direct hit and knocking it out of action.

"Bronzong is unable to battle," said the referee.

"Return, Bronzong," said Ivan as the Bronze Bell Pokemon was recalled.

"Now hit Venusaur," said Jenny as Ariados began diving towards the Seed Pokemon.

"Stop it with Leech Seed," said Shauna as Venusaur fired a seed towards the Long Leg Pokemon, scoring a direct hit and causing several vines to surround it.

"Finish it off with Hyper Voice," said Astrid as Pyroar fired a powerful sound wave towards Ariados, who fainted shortly after being directly hit.

"Ariados is unable to battle. Pyroar & Venusaur wins. Therefore, the victory of this match goes to Astrid & Shauna," declared the referee.