Chapter 98 - Ash VS Lance

Lance's Pokemon Moveset Update:

Dragonite: Extreme Speed, Fire Blast, Dragon Rush, Iron Tail.

Gyarados: Dragon Dance, Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Ice Fang.

Kingdra: Dragon Pulse, Blizzard, Flash Cannon, Scald.

Salamence: Dragon Claw, Double Edge, Outrage, Steel Wing. Item: Salamencite.

Aerodactyl: Sky Attack, Rock Slide, Dragon Claw, Aerial Ace.

Flygon: Dragon Claw, Iron Tail, Fire Punch, Earthquake. 

"This will be an official 6 VS 6 battle between the champions Ash and Lance. Substitutions can be made at any time and the battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both champions please send out their first Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Aerodactyl, I shall begin with you," said Lance as he sent out the Fossil Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Donphan, I choose you," said Ash as he sent out the Armor Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Aerodactyl, let's start off with Aerial Ace," ordered Lance as the Fossil Pokemon began to dive towards the opposing Donphan while its body was covered in streaks of white.

"Stop it using Stone Edge," commanded Ash as Donphan slammed its body on the ground, causing several sharp stones to protrude from the surface and increase in height, scoring a super effective hit on the opposing Aerodactyl.

"In that case, use Dragon Claw," said Lance as Aerodactyl got up and charged towards Donphan while its claws began to glow green and extend in size.

"Counter with Thunder Fang," ordered Ash as Donphan began to roll forward while its tusks began to glow yellow with electricity and seconds later, both moves collided with each other, eventually knocking both Pokemon backwards.

"Use Stone Edge once more," said Ash as Donphan slammed its body onto the ground, causing several sharp stones to protrude from the surface and head towards Aerodactyl.

"Dodge it and use Rock Slide," ordered Lance as Aerodactyl evaded the attack and then raised its claws into the air, causing several rocks to appear and collapse on Donphan.

"Use Stone Edge," commanded Ash, but the Armor Pokemon ended up flinching from getting hit by Rock Slide.

"Now that Donphan cannot move for the time being, power up with Sky Attack," said Lance as Aerodactyl began to charge up energy for the next turn while its body was surrounded in a harsh beam of white light. Seconds later, the Fossil Pokemon was ready to fire its attack.

"Alright, now use Sky Attack," commanded Lance as the Fossil Pokemon began diving down towards Donphan at a high speed.

"Fight back using Thunder Fang," ordered Ash as Donphan's tusks became surrounded in yellow electricity and rolled forward, causing both attacks to clash with each other and not give way to each other.

Seconds later, an explosion broke out covering the battlefield, which took about a minute to clear up, revealing that both Pokemon were unable to continue battling.

"Both Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both trainers please send out their next Pokemon?"

"Return, Aerodacyl. Take a rest for now. Flygon, let's go," said Lance as he returned the Fossil Pokemon into its PokeBall and sent out the Mystic Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Great job, Donphan. Take a well-deserved rest. Feraligatr, I choose you," said Ash as he recalled the Armor Pokemon and sent out the Big Jaw Pokemon into the battlefield.