Chapter 58 - Revelations

"Um, Red Ketchum?" asked Dawn nervously.

"Yes?" answered the cloaked figure.

"We just want to say thank you for saving us," answered Serena.

"That's alright. I should also be thanking you two for standing up for Ash against the traitors," replied the cloaked figure.

"So, is it really true that Ash is dead?" asked Serena, who was fearing for the worst.

The cloaked figure paused for a short moment and answered gravely: "Yes."

And immediately Dawn and Serena started crying upon hearing that their crush was dead because of the traitors.

Pikachu and Lucario had also faked a sad expression while the two girls were comforting each other.

"Yes, I'm sorry to tell you that," said the cloaked figure.

"It's not your fault. The traitors will pay. And Red, can we hug you for saving us?" asked Dawn & Serena.

"Don't you feel awkward hugging a cloaked figure?" asked the cloaked figure.

"Yes, to be honest," answered the two girls.

"Then I suggest you not to do so. Anyway, both of you should go back to your group of friends. They must be worried sick," said the cloaked figure.

"You're right. Would you like to come with us?" suggested Serena.

"I don't see why not," said the cloaked figure, but as they were about to go, a figure from amongst the trees approached them, who turned out to be no other than Cilan.

"You!?" Dawn and Serena said in anger. "What are you doing here?"

"I am here to apologize to Red," explained Cilan.

"And how did you know my name?" asked the cloaked figure.

"I saw you confront the traitors and defeat them in every battle. That's how I knew your name, since I heard you mention your name to them," replied Cilan.

"Well, why aren't you with the traitors?" asked Dawn.

"Regarding that, I decided to no longer side with them and want to join Ash's loyal friends," said Cilan.

"And what made you defect from the traitors?" asked Serena.

"Well you see..." said Cilan.

Flashback, after arriving back in the Striaton City Gym:

"Chili, Cress, I'm home," said Cilan as he got home.

"Cilan, where have you been?" asked Cress.

"Had to go to Kanto along with several other people," answered Cilan.

"For what?" asked Chili.

"To tell Ash to give up on his dream of becoming Pokemon Master since he hasn't won a single Pokemon League," replied Cilan.

"You did what!? demanded Chili. "Why on earth would you do that!?"

"Becoming a Pokemon Master isn't all about winning Pokemon Leagues, Cilan. You ought to be ashamed of yourself," reprimanded Cress.

"Well if you think becoming a Pokemon Master isn't just about winning leagues, what else do you think it is about?" demanded Cilan hotly.

"Has Ash made other remarkable achievements?" asked Chili.

"Yes, he has conquered the Battle Frontier and is also a champion of the Orange League," said Cilan.

"There you go. These are remarkable feats," said Cress.