67.

[A/N: Be more concerned/angry about him not wearing mask than panicking over the possibility of him being in a relationship with a woman. The latter one is pretty acceptable than the former one during this global pandemic.]

{Also, Zayn is releasing something tomorrow. Exciting!}

"Oh, my god! I like you so much, Zayn!"

It was pretty silent after that; a very uncomfortable one. Louis and Zayn sat staring at each other with wide eyes, fish mouthing to utter something out at least, but nothing seemed to build up other than the thick tension which could cut through a knife. Louis' face was red with embarrassment because who the fuck confess their feelings in such a way. He wasn't even sure if Zayn still liked him or not.

"I-" His voice cracked. Clearing his throat, he sighed softly. "I didn't want to just spit i-it out that bl-blatantly."

Zayn hummed shakily, it was evident that he was hesitant, conflicted about something. But then, a little smile made its way. "Really?"

"Huh?"

"This- uh you mean it?" Zayn question, dumbfounded.

Louis gave him an eye roll. "I'm not someone who jokes about such things,"

Zayn bit the inner part of his lower lip to contain a shit-eating grin. Though he was consumed by a thought that has been bugging for days, he pushed it in a dark corner. He could deal with it later, for now, he can finally be happy about something, keeping the past few weeks in his mind. "I like you too. A whole fucking lot,"

Louis let out a laugh, shaking his head at the obvious remark. "You went from intimidating to cute in a span of two minutes." Never had he ever thought he'd confess his feelings in such an absurd situation while sitting in the middle of the road.

"So..?" Zayn asked with a confused tilt of his head. "Niall and Harry? What about 'em? Especially Harry?" He asked worriedly. Louis shrugged casually. "Believe it or not, he was the one to initiate this matter- I mean, he was the one asking me to admit my feelings to you. Niall, you know, he'd always been supportive and neutral."

Zayn nodded happily. "We are on the same page. So?"

"So-

"Lads?"

Their heads shot up to look at the source of a very familiar voice; Harry. Louis was quick to scramble up in his arms, "Hazza!"

"Aw, my little love." He kissed the top of his head. "Zayn, why are- why were you both sitting in the middle of the road?"

Zayn chuckled at the question, dusting the back of his pants. "Long story, H."

"I.. oh- I don't have all the time in the world." Louis and Zayn laughed at the sad remark. "Answer quickly, Lou. Then I'll leave, even if I just want to be around you all the time."

Louis scrunched his nose in distaste, almost mocking Harry. "That's a lot of time."

"You take that back, Louis Tomlinson, right now or else punch you." The curly haired lad threatened.

"Keep in mind that it should leave a mark, H."

"Argh dickhead!"

"Prick!"

"Son of a bitch!"

"Whoreson!"

"That's enough swearing for a friendly neighbourhood like this, lads. Quit it!" Zayn scolded. "The answer to your question is we ran for straight ten minutes." He answered truthfully, leaving the creep thing out because it was for Louis to mention and he didn't want to be disrespectful by rambling out something he is not comfortable about. What if Louis starts hating? That'll be an end of their potential relationship and he can't risk it.