54

***Song: Good Days by Sza

• • •
Madison

"Did you know March actually used to be the first month of the year?"

"Nick, I swear to god if you do not shut the fuck up and help me I will revoke that goddamn key from your pocket and you will never get it back." I snapped, tossing a plastic hanger at his head as he was sprawled out on my bed.

I called him over to help me find an outfit for my date tonight, but all he's done is be a nuisance. Harry was right.

Unfortunately, our date was almost canceled because it started raining and we had a flood warning, but Harry seemed to have an idea on how to fix it. All he said was that he would pick me up at eight and to wear something fancy that I don't mind getting a little wet.

"Damn, woman. No need to bring the key into this." He grumbled, setting the hanger aside and walking over to me.

"He's going to pick me up in an hour, Nick. What the fuck am I supposed to wear?" I sighed, checking my hair in the mirror and making sure I didn't miss any straight spots I forgot to curl. Not that it mattered if we were possibly going to get wet.

"He said something you don't care if it gets wet?" He asked, leaning against the doorframe of my closet and looking in with me.

"Something fancy I don't mind getting wet. That could be anything." I answered, reaching forward and grabbing a red, satin, slip dress from the formal side of my closet.

"If you are going to wear lingerie, then a definite yes to the dress." He nodded in approval.

I scrunched my face up. "Why would I need to wear lingerie?"

He looked at me as if I sprouted a third leg between my eyes. "You aren't on your period anymore and you're going on a date. I'm very sure you two will end up fucking each other senseless by the end of the night so you gotta dress the part."

I cringed at his wording, although not that surprised because that is a very Nick thing to say.

"Weird that you know I'm off, but I'm gonna ignore that part. What color lingerie?" I wound up asking, opening the top drawer of my dresser and looking for a matching set. "Black?"

"Yes. Black. Now get dressed, add black heels, and come out when you're done so I can see." Nick closed my closet door with me inside without a warning, making me flinch.

Okay.

As I was searching through the drawer, I noticed Harry's journal at the bottom. Something white was poking out of it and I realized it was the letter on a separate piece of paper. I never read it.

I still have some time.

The same two words I saw the first time around were still peaking through the paper, and I carefully unfolded it. The one thing I noticed about the paper was that it looked like it had been crumpled up before it was folded, and the paper was also the same type as the one in the journal. I rub my finger along the ripped left edge, assuming he had ripped the page out. I also noticed that the date was one day before the last one I read in his journal. My only guess is he didn't like this one so he ripped it out and rewrote the other one.