26

**Song: Golden by Harry Styles

• • •
Madison

I don't know what the hell is happening.

There was no denying that I still felt something for Harry. I don't know if it was just infatuation or the chemistry we had with each other, but there was definitely something there. I'd be an idiot to deny it.

After we walked around the town today, we all went back to my dad's and just sat by the fireplace watching Home Alone - one and two - before my dad left to the hotel he was staying at tonight since the wedding was tomorrow.

Faith called it a night and went to bed after the kids fell asleep, leaving just the five of us in the living room talking amongst ourselves.

We were all seated on the sectional, except Nick who was sitting on the floor directly in front of the fire.

"So is Brandon not coming to the wedding? I just noticed he's not here." Riley asked me.

"He's on his way with Anna and the baby, I think. He texted me an hour ago saying for you two to meet him at the hotel and to take your suits." I say, pointing at Nick and Louis since they were the groomsmen.

"Yes ma'am." Nick saluted with a playful stern look.

"Why would you guys ever leave this place? It's so much cozier than Toronto." Zayn asked randomly.

Riley, Nick, and I all looked between each other knowingly before we started laughing. Our reason for leaving wasn't exactly funny, but the way we instantly reacted like that was.

"We, Uh, we made a pact when we were younger to run away from our families because it was always our dream to leave London. So we settled with Toronto." I answered once our laughter subsided.

"Plus, this town is so small you literally run into every person you've grown up with." Nick added slyly, smirking in my direction and earning an eye roll from me.

"I know. And there was never much to do around here anyway growing up." Riley agreed.

"Yeah. But I still miss it here every once in a while." I sighed, whistling when I hear heavy paws coming down the stairs.

A few seconds later Baby jumps onto my lap, making me groan when he stepped on my bladder. "God, you're getting heavy." I say, petting his head and leaning my head back when he started licking me.

Harry patted the space on the couch between us and Baby jumped from my lap to Harry's, cuddling his lap with Harry scratching behind his ears.

"B just texted me saying he's thirty minutes away from the hotel so we are gonna go." Nick says, breaking my gaze from Harry and my dog.

"Okay. Bye guys." I smiled at Louis and Nick as they stood up and began walking out of the living room. "See ya tomorrow."

"Adios." Nick waved, following Louis out the door after that put their shoes on.

Seconds after they left, Riley got up from the couch, faking a yawn and kicking Zayn's ankle. "We are gonna go too. Gotta get up early."