31

**Song: Lost by Frank Ocean

• • •
Harry

"Riley is on her way over!" I hear a male voice shout from the living room.

"Don't shout, Zayn. Harry is still sleeping." Another voice says, a little quieter and I recognize it as Maddie. I roll over onto my side, reaching for my phone on the nightstand. It was almost eleven in the morning.

I honestly don't think I got much sleep. I was too excited with having my family here.

Deciding to get up and see what was going on, I kick my blanket off and get out of bed, walking to my bathroom. After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I leave my hair as it is, not really having much else to do with it.

"Good morning, Harry." My mum greeted as I walked out into the kitchen. Gemma and Zayn sat at the counter with Louis while Maddie was in the kitchen helping my mum make breakfast while they crack a few jokes and laugh.

"Did we wake you? I'm so sorry." Maddie was quick to apologize when she noticed me, but I instantly calmed her down.

"You didn't. I've been up for a while." I assure her. She smiles and relaxes, continuing to mix pancake batter while my mum flipped them on the pan.

"Pancakes with sprinkles. What's the occasion?" I asked, eyeing the confetti-filled pancakes on a clean plate.

Before anyone can answer my question, the front door opened and everyone surprises me when they shout "Happy Birthday Riley!"

Riley closed the door behind her, a bright grin on her face.

Oh.

"Oh my god. You remembered." She says, wiping away imaginary tears.

"How could we forget? You reminded us everyday." Maddie commented, starting to wash the dishes. Riley stuck her tongue out at her and she mirrored that action.

"Breakfast is ready for whoever wants." My mum announces, putting the plate of pancakes on the counter in front of everyone.

"So what are the plans for today?" Gemma asked Riley.

"Unfortunately, I have work. But I called off tomorrow." Riley answered, grabbing two pancakes and putting them on his plate. I leaned against the counter, not really saying much as I watched everyone else talk.

"They wouldn't let you take today off?" Gemma asked her.

"I didn't want to. It's a weekday and I figured since tomorrow is Friday, it would be a better day to take off so I have a longer weekend." She explains to my sister.

"Ah. That makes sense." Gemma nodded before turning to Maddie. "What are your plans?"

"Nothing yet. I might go to the mall with Nick if you guys want to come with." Maddie invited, finishing up the dishes and drying her hands.

"Ooh, yes. I'm coming." Gemma answered, and my mum also agreed. Zayn and Louis told me yesterday that they had made plans of their own that involved planning a surprise party for Riley, so they weren't going to join the mall trip, which just left me with nothing to do.