50

***Song: On The Road by Post Malone

• • •
Madison

"Hey, Anna?" I called as I entered my apartment, putting my keys down on the counter as I returned from taking my coach's daughter to the airport.

"Yeah?" I hear Anna respond, walking out of Brandon's bedroom with a towel around her head.

"When you used my bathroom yesterday, was there something on the mirror?" I asked in confusion. Her face lit up and she nodded, swiftly carrying herself towards my room.

"Yeah, I took it off to give it to you but then I found you dead asleep so I put it on your desk."

I followed her into my room and watched as she walked over to my desk, pulling the card Harry had described out and handing it to me.

"Good luck." She whispered excitedly before leaving my room.

I turned the card over to read what it said, and my entire body froze while my heart started beating very quickly.

Ti amo per sempre e poi un po' di più
Harry xx

It didn't take long to recognize the card between my fingers, and my eyes brimmed with tears as a smiled, a relieved laugh leaving my lips.

I can't believe he still had this.

As I slowly became aware of the world outside of me staring at this card, I remembered that Harry was waiting for me at his apartment.

Not even caring about locking the door behind me, I practically raced out of the apartment and to the stairs, heading down to the floor two stories below mine and breathing heavily as I reached Harry's apartment.

I knocked on the door impatiently, trying to catch my breath. I'm surprised I didn't tumble down those stairs from how fast I ran down them.

I stopped breathing once again when the door opened, revealing just the man I was looking for. I didn't even wait for him to invite me in, taking slow steps right past him with the index card in my left hand.

Confused, he closed the door and turned around, facing me and slowly becoming worried when he saw my face. I don't know why I suddenly felt emotional when I locked eyes with him, but I couldn't help it.

"Hey, why are you c-"

"Ti amo per sempre e poi un po' di più." I breathed out quietly, my lips lifting into a smile after cutting him off.

He mirrored my smile when he noticed the card in my hand, before meeting my eyes once again as he took a couple shy steps forward.

There was nothing left to say at that point, and I wanted nothing more than for him to just-

"Kiss me."

"Gladly." He exhaled in relief, meeting me in the middle and forcefully bringing his mouth down to mine while my arms flew around his neck, his around my back.

It was like an explosion of all kinds of emotions, comfort and liberation taking over the both of us because we were finally on the same page.